This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Chaestostoma pleco and cherry shrimp?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by DaveSurfer, Nov 16, 2008.

1. DaveSurfer

DaveSurfer Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    11:48 PM
    Just wanting to find out if a Chaestostoma (rubber-nose) pleco is compatible with cherry shrimp and SAEs. I want the pleco to clean off the driftwood and shrimp for other algae...I just don't want the pleco chowing down on the shrimp.

Thanks!

2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Dave,

I don't think that will be an issue. I don't think their mouths are designed for such prey..............

My bushy nose (I know it is not the same) has never bothered anyone in >3 years as far as I can tell.......

3. DaveSurfer

DaveSurfer Prolific Poster

Local Time:

Thanks! A little off topic but: does your pleco mess stuff up any? I'm planning to grow a pile of HC and foreground plants emersed (setting up a new tank). I don't want my pleco to start messing the carpet up. I'd like him to clean off the driftwood, but not messup the plans! :) I've heard the rubbernose doesn't get very big, how big does the bushynose get?

4. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Well he is about 4" max and hasn't gotten longer in a while.

Only thing is he destroys any Amazon swords to where I can't have them. As soon as the leaves get a certain size, he scrapes them clean and ruins them.

No others, just swords.

I have glosso now for 4 weeks and no issues with uprooting or anything.

My HC didn't make it, but not due to the bushynose.