Cerges Dwell Time Reactor - Build Video Part 1

jerrybforl

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2010
Miami Beach, FL.
Hey Gerry. It makes sense. I have an extra pump that is hardly ever used. If I use this as my reactor, do I use the insert on top as a venturi?

Also do I still flip the returns vice versa like on yours?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
jerrybforl;123201 said:
Hey Gerry. It makes sense. I have an extra pump that is hardly ever used. If I use this as my reactor, do I use the insert on top as a venturi?

JJ,

You need to drill a hole for the c02 intake as well. Then another for the venture. As far as flow direction it depends. Many units the outlet will be less obstructed and provide better flow. Flip the top upside down and you will see what I mean.

You can try it both ways and see, as it is just a swap of hoses to either side.

- - - Updated - - -

jerrybforl;123201 said:

JJ,

You need to drill a hole for the c02 intake as well. Then another for the venture. As far as flow direction it depends. Many units the outlet will be less obstructed and provide better flow. Flip the top upside down and you will see what I mean.

You can try it both ways and see, as it is just a swap of hoses to either side.

vinzphua

Subscriber
Apr 28, 2015
Singapore
Hi Gerry, any idea what is the optimal flow rate for a cerges this size? I have mine inline after the return pump, for a 160 gallon tank. After reading up, I'm thinking of separating it to a separate pump like the way you do it. Thanks.