Cardinal Tetra Supplier for +100

midazolam

Junior Poster
Sep 28, 2007
This Guy can probably get you some nice fish. He used to be discus only but now does a variety of tropicals. Have heard good things about him from discus people.

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
Thanks all for the links and suggestions............

As soon as it gets cooler here in S. FL, I will try some of these vendors (some again)........

I had some fish delivered about 3-4 weeks ago, and even though priority shipping for first delivery, they were in the back of the delivery truck for several hours in the morning and that's all she wrote...... +90 degress outside, bet it was > 100 in the back of that steel box... shudder to think about those poor fish in there

Not the fault of the shipper BTW........USPS was the culprit here.

Box was covered with 'LIVE FISH', etc. May as well have been an empty box to them...No hurry apparently

Opened up some very nicely packed bags to find lots of cooked fish......:eek:

So, lesson learned...................ship in cooler weather............

I will wait until Oct-Nov and then order a bunch from different vendors.

Thanks again!

monkeyruler90

Junior Poster
Jun 2, 2008
are you gonna try boxlotfish now that its cooler?
for $.87 you can't pass that up

i guess its a question of quality over quantity.

oh and im totally going to try that scrambled egg recipe on my fish tomorow.
good luck and keep us updated on your purchases

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
Yes, I am in e-mail contact with Loren now. He has kindly offered to take me to Miami with him where I assume I can take the fish directly from the wholesaler. He also advertises several types of pencils, including the Espeis, so will be on the lookout!

Will post if/when I go.

I will only bring some much $ with me and leave the CC at home so I do not end up with 1000 new fish :)

Have to say that without the Bosemanis the tank looks empty...........

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
Hey all,

Just a quick update on the last batch from Anubias Design......

I had 72 go into quarantine 2.5 weeks ago. I put them in the display tank yesterday and counted 61.

All are doing fine. I will do 30-40% daily WC for the next 5-7 days to help limit any NH4 and other waste........just in case.

So, now have > 130??? in the 180 and they look great. Many different sizes.......

I have 150 more cardinals coming in this afternoon, again from Mark at Anubias design.

Will post later when I get them into quarantine......

Better shipping weather fer sure............

UPDATE:

New cards are in and only 8 DOA. Acclimating now and they look good. Will post results after quarantine is over.........

Here is a pic link:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg182/gerrydirish/IM003307.jpg

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
Hey all,

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to all!

So, quarantine is over and I have been adding the last batch to the display tank over the last couple of days.......50% WC every other day just in case and to aid until the bacteria count creeps up........

So, out of the last batch of 150 I ended up with 125!

So 125 + 61 (from the last batch) + 65-85 (existing school) = approx 250+ cardinals!

They look good in the tank and are very happy together! Looks like I could fit twice that number in there lol Lots of smaller ones so I should have them for a while. The existing ones dwarf them in size as they are >2 years old.

Eating flake, blackworms, egg, chicken, etc.

I would totally recommend Mark at Anubias Design as he was the source of the last two batches.

Healthy stock, nice packaging/shipping, excellent customer service.

Have a great day!