This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Canister Filter for 20g

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Jeremy1, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Jeremy1

Jeremy1 Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    12:01 PM
    Any suggestions for canister filters for 20g long? Also, could I use the filter as my reactor. I will be using pressurized CO2. I would rather cut down on equipment inside of the tank if possible; however, I do plan to use a small powerhead to boost circulation of nutrients and CO2. I was thing about using the small Ecco CF by Ehiem rated for 30g. Thanks. Jeremy

2. Mooner

Mooner Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    More filtration and flow are always good. My tanks turn over 6x-8x's per hour. Some have said up to 10x's .Plus you can alway meter the flow on a larger filter to meet your needs.

3. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Jeremy,

I have had the 20 long before, and it handled higher flows well with the length.

As advised, you can always throttle it back. Plus, you may want/need that extra based on how you plumb the c02.

Unfortunately, not much experience with c02 and canisters, so no advice there, sorry.

The Eheim you mention looks like it would do a good job. Maybe with one of those small Kent venturis in-line rather than a Mazzei.