This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Canadian Sources For Diy Fert Ingredients

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by Fishfur, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Fishfur

Fishfur Subscriber

Local Time:
    11:51 AM
    I'm in Ontario, Can., in the Toronto area and I'm running out of the makings for my DIY ferts

The store I last purchased the ingredients from isn't carrying them anymore. And when I looked online to find another source, it sure looks like KN03 isn't even available here these days, even in the small amounts I need.

I did see a 1lb bag of Plantex CSM+B on Amazon.ca for about $60., no idea if that's a reasonable sort of price or not but if it's all I can find, guess I have no choice.

And, if I really can't find anymore KN03, what on earth can I use in its place? The recipe I've been using, which has been working very nicely for me, calls for 32.5 grams of KN03 per 500 ml of water, along with the other ingredients needed. If there is a substitute I can get, I'd need to know how much to use.

I used to be able to buy most of this stuff at hydroponics shops locally, but none of those still in busiiness appear to be selling it anymore either. It's mostly liquid stuff for growing cannabis now, it seems, with the hydroponic stores.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, my plants have been growing so nicely and it was saving me quite a bit over the cost of buying commercially prepared ferts, using the bulk compounds to mix my own.

2. Nikolyator

Nikolyator New Member

Local Time:
    6:51 AM
    Try hydroponics stores. "second nature hydroponics" in mississauga lets say. they have everything you need. in bulk and by pounds. plantex 5 times cheaper than you post.

3. Julia Adkins

Julia Adkins aquariumfertilizer.com
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    11:51 AM
    Aquariumfertilizer.com carries the full range of macro and micronutrients at reasonable prices. We ship to all over the world. We have the necessary documents filed with the Canadian Department of Natural Resources to ship potassium nitrate into Canada.