This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Can the dc be misleading

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by hani, Apr 11, 2010.

1. hani

hani Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    9:12 AM
    HI,
    i was playing around with AM 1000 and atomizer, trying to figure out which is better for My 75 g. i have a DC with 4kh, and a Ph controller shuts CO2 at 6.4. The tank doing ok with the AM, the dc turns bright green at this reading.
    i switched to an co2 atomizer, more fine misting, lots of very fine baubles in the tank, at the same Ph the CO turned off BUT the DC color was yellowish.
    I think at this point the DC reading is misleading, i think whats happening is the small CO2 bubbles gets released inside the airspace in DC, that will give more CO2 concentration in side the DC than the actual co2 dissolved in water getting released in an equilibrium state.
    what do you guys think?
    thanks

2. hbosman

hbosman Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Try moving the DC to a spot that's not in the flow of the CO2 mist. I dislike DCs because they are slow to respond to changes but, It's still the most accurate way to test within reasonable cost.

3. hani

hani Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    its not in lthe flow of the mist, but that co2 atomizer sends bubbles evry where, the flow is at the left side and the bublle couter at the right side