This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Can I use the default non CO2 method in this case?

Discussion in 'Non-CO2 Methods' started by wildgreenyonder, Feb 15, 2014.

1. wildgreenyonder

wildgreenyonder Junior Poster

Local Time:
    9:04 AM
    I set up a 10 gallon fry tank a couple of months ago.It only contains 3 small fry and some Red Cherry shrimp.
    Lights- 26 w CFL 2700k - it came with the tank -Aquatic nature's Cocoon 7
    Filter - Eheim Lyberty 2040
    Substrate - Dennerle Deponit Mix topped with some neutral gravel - the light is 11 inches above- the driftwood is leaching tanins so it's definitely low light.
    Plants - Anubias ,Hygrophila ,Hydrocotyle ,some HC ,some tiny Amazon swords and a bit of guppy grass.
    Ferts - none at the moment
    KH - 10
    GH - 15

This is my water company report from last december http://www.vivaqua.be/sites/default/files/reports/2013_12/2013_12_BFI41_BXL_FR.pdf
    The water here is really hard ,but the plants that I currently have are not a must ,most of them were given to me by friends.
    I don't make high hopes for Hemianthus ,I know it's not an easy plant to grow.

The tank is low planted at the moment ,and I change 1/5 of water each week.
    I would like to ask what other plants can I use with this hard water ,besides Crypts and Ferns.

Also ,do the parameters from my water company allow me to use the default Non Co2 Method ,or do I need to tweak it a bit?
    Help much appreciated ,thanks.