This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Calnutrient Dosing Calculator 'g' (gram) Setting For Premixed Giving Ppms Calcs Off By 1000x

Discussion in 'Rotala Butterfly Support & Feedback Forum' started by 32103940, May 14, 2018.

1. 32103940

32103940 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    8:37 PM
    attached screenshot shows 1g of flourish nitrogen adding ~15 grams of N to a 1L aquarium. seems like this bug affects all the compounds under Premixed.

p.s sorry for the typo in the title.

Capture.JPG

2. Allwissend

Allwissend Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    9:37 PM
    Thank you for reporting this. There is definitely a bug. In the meantime please divide all your results by 1000.

Please use the milliliter (ML) option for all liquid fertilizers and milligrams (MG) or grams (G) for solids.

The conversion between the 2 (mass and volume) is not correct at this point as it depends on the specific density of the product. In addition, if you consider water as the reference 1mL H2O ~1g, but it mistakenly seems to think 1ml=1mg.

Capture.JPG

Regards,
    Mihai

3. fablau

fablau rotalabutterfly.com
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    12:37 PM
    Definitively a bug, thank you for reporting this, I will fix it as soon as possible ;)

4. fablau

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    Well, sorry guys, but after reviewing the calculator and its results, I think it (kind of) correct. The problem here is that doesn't make sense to use "grams" for a liquid mix like Flourish Nitrogen, therefore you should use ml for liquids and grams or milligrams for solids as Mihai wrote above, otherwise the calculator is going to give unexpected results.

What instead we could do, is to remove the "solid" measurements when a liquid mix is selected, and vice-versa. Do you all agree on that? If so, I could fix it that way.

Thanks.

5. Allwissend

Allwissend Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    9:37 PM
    I think your suggestion is a good one @fablau. Graying out unsuitable units also helps reduce confusion and mistakes, although it increases the code. Not to mention is better for sciency guys who like to pick on details. This should also apply when you create a solution. I mean when

(Using : A Solution == TRUE) && (I am calculating for :Result of my dose == TRUE) => I am adding N ml.

However not all the premixed things are solutions, take for example what happens when you add 1mg Seachem Eq. to 1L water: you get 195mg/L K etc. There is 0.001 multiplication missing somewhere.
    Capture1.JPG

6. fablau

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    Right... Good point. Let me check it again tomorrow. I will get back to you soon ;)