Calculators For Mobiles?

MrClockOff

Jun 11, 2020
UK
Hi there,

First of all big thank you for your great work building this community. I'm fairly new to keeping planted aquarium but I am already overwhelmed with the joy which this hobby brings to me.

Not so long ago I decided to experiment with EI dosing methods which showed great effects which I've never seen before. The information I found here and there was super useful. So I started using your calculators on regular basis and found them as a must have for every beginner and professional. But unfortunately I can't find anything close to yours on Apple AppStore or Google Play.

So as I am an experienced mobile app developer I decided to build an alternative for mobile users. Currently I'm looking for a base to start from and I wonder if you're willing to share your calculator source codes so I could use them as a reference and knowledge base? Or if you could point to the right direction in case if this is an open source project?

Many Thanks
D

MrClockOff

Jun 11, 2020
UK
Hi and welcome!

I think with @Jason King we setup a system to embed it via HTML iframe, so I guess a simple webview could make the trick if you want to have a app of it.

thank you for your reply fablau. I'm looking to build an app which will work offline similar to Zorfox's Planted Tank Calculator with whole mobile native user experience. Also my plan is to expand functionality of the app in the future - already have few ideas. Currently I'm using few different tank keeper toolkits and my plan is to unify them to fully suit my needs. Which I hope will be a massive benefit to similar mind like.

I'm absolutely happy to discuss any way I could help or support you guys e.g. give a credit and stick some references to your forum and calculator Web sites on my mobile app.