This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Calculation Of Seachem Flourish Nitrogen

Discussion in 'Rotala Butterfly Support & Feedback Forum' started by LoneWolverine, Jul 9, 2018.

1. LoneWolverine

LoneWolverine New Member

Local Time:
    2:36 PM
    Hi all,

I ran some calculation on the seachem flourish nitrogen fertiliser as it is difficult to access KNO3 directly in Hong Kong and I probably need to use the seachem flourish as my primary N source.

I know the product is mainly for nitrogen increase but there are presence of potassium in it. I don't quite understand the increase in Potassium and Potash as calculated

I understand that the NPK ratio in seachem nitrogen is 1-0-2, which is expressed as N-P2O5-K2O
    Seachem flourish nitrogen 3 .png

I also looked up a little "fact sheet" as provided, which kind of confirmed that the K ratio in NPK is expressed in K2O
    seachem flourish nitrogen 2.png

Do I understand it correctly that since K is expressed as K2O, a 1mg of Nitrogen introduced will also increase K2O by 2mg, and K+ by 2 x (39x2) / (39x2+16) = 1.659mg?

It appears that from the calculator the Nitrogen to K2O ratio is not 1:2 as suggested in the analysis above?
    Seachem Flourish Nitrogen.png

Perhaps (very likely) i missed something from the analysis above, appreciate your time in reading and answering this!

#1 LoneWolverine, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018