This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Cabomba Growing Stretched Out

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by rcalzadilla, Oct 28, 2007.

1. rcalzadilla

rcalzadilla Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    4:28 AM
    Why does my Cabomba Caroliniana grow all stretched out?
    When I first received it was a lot bushier....the distance between leave was much less and the plant looked much better.

See attached image.

2. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    4:28 AM
    Like any other plant, Cabomba is going to grow better with good lighting, complete fertilizing, including CO2, and all three in sufficient amounts. My plants of various types generally get stringy when they are shaded too much by other plants, or are in a dark corner of the tank. Before I knew enough to use fertilizer and CO2 my plants were all stringy all the time. With the 1.6 watts per gallon I now use, a few of my higher light demand plants tend to be stringy near the bottom of the tank, but as they get closer to the light while growing, they get much fuller, better color, and they grow faster.