This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Cabomba furcata deficiency

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by zeneo, May 13, 2008.

1. zeneo

zeneo Junior Poster

Local Time:
    4:37 PM
    Hello,

What could be the problem for this?
    GoneToEarth072.jpg

2. Mooner

Mooner Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Welcome to the forum Zeneo.

Can you give us your tank specs and dosing routines so we may better help you

3. zeneo

zeneo Junior Poster

Local Time:
    The plant is for about 2 months in the tank, doesn´t grow much but it seems Ok until now.

Tank: 128 L
    Light: 138Watt 9 Hours
    PH: 6.8 - I use -seachem ph buffer, my tap water is 8 to 8.5 PH
    KH: 4
    GH: 9 - the tap water varies from 9 to 13
    Co2: Pressurized
    Substrate: Seachem fluorite, I also used some Kanuma, a kind of substrate like Akadama but for plants that like more acid, like azaleas. I've used it before in other tanks with good results.

Ferts:
    2 times/Week
    Kno3: 10ppm(N)
    Po4: 1.2ppm
    K: 10ppm
    Fluorish
    Traces
    Iron: 0.2 daily

Water change: 20 - 40 L weekly

The tank was started in February, all the plants are Ok but don't grow too much beside Hemianthus Micranthemoides. What is fine for me.
    GoneToEarth069-1.jpg

4. PeterGwee

PeterGwee Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    11:37 PM
    Seems like a CO2 issue to me since that plant is a weed under good conditions. Also increasing the frequency of dosing to 3x a week instead of twice.

Regards,
    Peter Gwee

5. zeneo

zeneo Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Could be.

But I supose if it was a Co2 or fert. issue, I'll had some similar problems with other plants also. In Didiplis Diandra maybe. This one is allways green.

I didn't explained myself well, sorry, writting in english is a bit hard for me.

The stem in the end of the plant turned white, rot and die. Started a week ago.

Plants:
    Star grass, Hemianthus Calitrichoides, Didiplis Diandra, Rotala Green, Ludwigia Arcuata, Hemianthus Micranthemoides, Anubia and Cabomba furcata.

Could it be excel toxicity? I started to have some BBA and haded some by that time, not too much, directly in some anubias and driftwood without water movement for some minutes. But this algae also indicates low Co2, I just find strange for the plant to die so quickly.