C02 Regulator Setup

jippalbert

Junior Poster
Jan 30, 2005
Philadelphia
Ok Finaly I have my regulator ( Milwalkee)
I am in the process of making the Venturi.
Now I need to find compressed co2 in Philadelphia. I might have to go outside the city as someone told me commercial use only. ( I may have asked for the wrong thing).

I was getting good results with my DIY co2 it just was not steday and accurate.

After I find the GAS & make the Venturi I need to understand how to hook up the regulator to the tank properly and then to the V.

Might anyone be able to provide a link and or summary of steps.

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States
Re: C02 Regulator Setup

jippalbert said:
Now I need to find compressed co2 in Philadelphia. I might have to go outside the city as someone told me commercial use only. ( I may have asked for the wrong thing).

Look in your phone book for AirGas ... I know there is one in Camden, Radnor, and King of Prussia ... I don't know how far away any of those are ... if you use their tanks, a lot of times, you can swap tanks out at any of stores on their truck routes as well (they usually service a lot of pharmacies) ...

Greg

jippalbert

Junior Poster
Jan 30, 2005
Philadelphia

Greg ,

That is perfect. Thanks for the advice.

Would a beer distributor work as well ? Same stuff for the kegmachines ?

JK

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States

jippalbert said:
Greg ,

That is perfect. Thanks for the advice.

Would a beer distributor work as well ? Same stuff for the kegmachines ?

JK

Yes ... but they seem to like to charge more for the same product !!! But at the price of gas right now, whatever is closest is probably cheapest !!! I have to drive 30 miles each way to my closest source ... that's about $5.04 to drop a tank off, and another $5.04 to pick it up because they won't fill it while you wait ...

I have three tanks that I use, so I can usually drop one off or pick one up when I had other reasons to be there ... but the gas money still got spent one way or another ...

And lest anyone else want to complain about gas prices ... gas in the US is CHEAP compared to almost everywhere else in the world ... when my wife and I travel, I'm used to $4 a gallon gas in many parts of the world, which makes our $2 a gallon gas look cheap ...

Greg

jippalbert

Junior Poster
Jan 30, 2005
Philadelphia

I know what you mean about GAS i just took an 85 dollar taxi in Cabo San Lucas for 17 miles of toll road.

Thanks for the tips. I will try the local bev place in Croydon/Bensalem