This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

C02 Charts

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by Wö£fëñxXx, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Ian H

Ian H Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    3:35 AM
    Re: C02 Charts

If you want silly questions then work in a computer shop like me.
    " Can my monitor get a virus?"
    " How can my PC have a virus? It's got a virus checker (2 years out of date) installed"
    "Why does my PC not work after I installed a sound card?" ( He did it while it was switched on).
    etc. etc.
    At least no one has ever asked me where the 'any key' is but I live in hope. Yes silly questions can be entertaining but the reasoning can be questioned.

Back to the plot, I still consider the CO2 charts to be a rough guide and not to be taken too seriously. It is obvious to me that the chart in question is flawed, no need to go into higher maths to prove it.

By the wat AV8TOR :rolleyes: is an answer of sorts. :)

Ian

2. AV8TOR

AV8TOR Junior Poster

Local Time:

I wasn’t the one who said “Sometimes the best response is no response.” You said it and basically I rolled my eyes at you saying that because you jump my case because of asking a “silly” question which others did not think it was that silly. I am here to learn. You should listen to your advice in the future and simply don’t respond instead of making fun of people. Ignore me next time and let those with a real answers reply.

3. Ian H

Ian H Guru Class Expert

Local Time:

First and foremost AV8TOR I had no wish to offend you. My reply was a bit tongue in cheek but there was a relevant point in there. Your math was flawed and had I looked up the way to spell logarithmic scale I would have answered in a more precise way. Yes I picked up on your term silly when I should have used mis-guided or flawed.

I agree that we all subscribe to these forums to add to our knowledge base. Sometimes you can learn by mistakes as well as by correct proceedure. I don't see the art of growing plants well as being the same as painting by numbers. Yes, the numbers and math are important as a basis, but if you stick to rigidly to the numbers, particularily if those numbers are wrong you will end up with problems. Use the numbers in conjunction with observation and correct judgement.

Ian

4. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:

That is my point, do not trust the CO2 charts too much, the algae never lie:)

Good honest algae.

Good honest plants.

These are better than charts but the charts, the pH monitors, the test kits etc all can give you a close idea of where you are and can go.

Still, making sure there's enough nutrients and light is relatively easy, CO2 is another matter.

Much like a poor NO3 test kit, there is a fair amount of variation even if the results are accurate.

Regards,
    Tom Barr