This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

But is it made of... wood? A Mr Aqua 45cm cube

Discussion in 'Journals' started by jedimasterben, Jan 20, 2016.

1. jedimasterben

jedimasterben Junior Poster

Local Time:
    2:56 AM
    Actually, I would hesitate to recommend that. The way that these are designed is that the flow is lowered from the pump (sometimes significantly so) but more water is pulled in from the display. It takes a high pressure pump to reap the full benefit (which is an overall doubling of flow, with a small part coming from the pump, and the majority coming from the display itself). In this case, it doesn't really add much more flow, but at this time I will take all that I can get. Considering a Tunze 6020 to go in the tank, barring trying to upgrade to a stronger canister filter (which would probably cost in the $200 range).

2. rajkm

rajkm Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    2:56 AM
    Thanks for that insight. I was wondering that myself. I have a AIO so there are very few pumps which fit in the back. To increase flow within the display area I added a Hydor Nano but it goes against the current of the output causing dead spot in one corner. I am trying to figure out how I can increase the flow within my tank without dead spots. Was hoping that this nozzle will allow me to increase the flow in the display area, but like you said I might have to double my pump which I doubt I can within the AIO sump space. I was also thinking, since I do CO2 injection directly into the pump, the added pressure will help the dissolution. My current pump is 220 gps anything higher is too large to fit.

Will need to figure out my options then.