This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Building my 1st serious rig. May I use push to connect fittings?

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by crazycory, Dec 11, 2014.

1. crazycory

crazycory Junior Poster

Local Time:
    3:59 AM
    Hello All,
    Thank you for sharing all these great information.

Been researching this idea for a while now.

If no, what shall I use to connect the tubing and the NPT threaded parts?

If yes, are there any PSI rating or other requirements the fittings have to meet? any recommended brands?

Thank you !!

2. gsjmia

gsjmia Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Depends on what stage of the regulator you are talking about.

I use stainless push-connect couplings to connect the 20lb low pressure from the tank to the solenoid/needle valve, no problem.

I would not use push-connect on the high pressure side-too dangerous.

I used a black high pressure flex hose for years but recently bought cheap regulators to reduce the pressure and then feed the reduced pressure to the victor, making it a secondary regulator.

As with any connection, check for leaks. I found it best to use kid's bubble solution instead of soapy water because it has glycerin in it and makes for smaller more detectable bubbles. Apply with a small paint brush (the kind found in kids water paint kit). Both of these are found in the toy department in walgreens.

3. Solcielo lawrencia

Local Time:
    Yes, check the brand for PSI maximums. Recommend Parker Legris push-connects over any other brand because it's smoother to insert tubing as easier to get them off.