This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

BucePlant experience.

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by DutchMuch, Aug 25, 2017.

1. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    11:18 AM
    Here is my experience with Buceplant.
    AND IT IS JUSTIFIED.

I first ordered from buceplant, some crypts, wallichii, and some other plants like Hygrophilia compacta.
    When they came (this was earlier last month) they all arrived Dead. Melted. Nothing useful.

So I wrote a 1 star review on their website, stating my experience.

They contacted me bribing me to redo my review, by sending me more crypts, all Alive. (weird huh?)

Then I wrote an email to them saying, please next time get it right the first time (basically) because they had a HUGE algae outbreak that also was on the plants they sent me, and it ended up infesting my low tech tank. (BBA)

My second experience, TODAY, I wanted to buy some plants that other websites did not offer, so I went to buceplant, decided to give them a second chance because its America, land of second chances.
    So I placed my order, and I receive an email about 30 minutes later, saying:
    " Your order has been canceled as requested "
    ?
    I didn't cancel my order... Strange...
    So I send Buceplant an email saying this:

"Hey Buceplant,
    My grandmother got me this order for my birthday, and she says she didn't cancel it.
    And I didn't cancel it either.
    What happened? order is*#3927

Thanks
    Nate"

They then replied:

"Hi Nate,

Thank you for giving our store another try. Based on our previous emails, it appears that our plants are not up to your expectations.* We have issued you a full refund for your order. There are many other online aquatic plant stores, we hope you have a better experience with them.* Happy Birthday and best of luck!

Thank you and best regards,
    Team Buce Plant"

So in essence they are saying, since you don't give us a good review or like us at all, your business is not welcome here.

Lol BucePlant is horrible. I'm also seeing other 1 star reviews pop up on their site.

#1 DutchMuch, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  2. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    They now replied:
    " I'd like to personally speak to you or your grandmother on the phone. Let me know what is a good number and time to reach you. Otherwise I will try to reach you at the number you provided.

Thank you and best regards,"

To me that is just... Creepy kind of

3. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    And they have deleted my review on their cobamba aquatic 3 times because it was a 1 star review.
    I know why they have a 4 1/2 stars now.. Delete all the bad reviews! :D

4. burr740

burr740 Micros Spiller
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    5:18 AM
  5. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Same with ICH
    But I have to totally disagree, BBA can be attached to a plant. You can visually see a clad of BBA on a leaf of a plant, wall of an aquarium, etc.

It may seem reasonable to the viewer but it isn't to the buyer (me)

They have now blacklisted me from their website, deleted all my 1 star reviews (I made 3 in about 30 minutes one after they deleted my others) so if that is reasonable to you, idk what is. I may as well call the better business burro

Maybe you didn't read my comments correctly.

They made it right the first order, and since I left a bad review telling what happened on that first order, they neglect to sell to me again, and they now have blacklisted me.

6. burr740

burr740 Micros Spiller
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    Of course bba can be attached to plants you buy. But its not going to infect your other plants, like catching a cold from someone, or ich from a sick fish.

7. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Other than this, did you read the other parts of my post?... Does any of that not seem wrong to you?

Yes it will. Ive seen it do this first hand when I received the plants from Buceplant (the crypts to be exact, tropica) they had BBA on them, then it Spread to other plants. it is kind of ironic this would happen after I received those plants, and then all the sudden there is a BBAE outbreak WITHOUT changing anything in the tank, this included lighting, fertz, substrate, plant arrangement, etc. You name it I didn't change it, and the tank was 1 year old at that time, never had any algae problems, and didn't have ANY outbreaks.

8. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    "Once started it will quickly engulf everything that doesn't move inside the aquarium. When growing on plants, the Black Beard algae can actually block the light and stop photosynthesis, which in turn can lead to the death of the affected plants."

"When it first begins to grow"
    http://www.everythingaquatic.net/forum/articles/algae-library/149846-black-beard-algae

"and then spreads rapidly all over the aquarium"
    https://fishyaquaria.wordpress.com/2010/05/04/tackling-the-black-brush-algae-bba/

9. burr740

burr740 Micros Spiller
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    It doesnt work like that. You may have a BBA flare up, but its not because you bought a plant with a few tufts showing.

10. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I see, you have said this now... 3 times.. Proof? I gave you 2 articles on BBA saying it will do, what I say it was doing, where's your proof?

11. burr740

burr740 Micros Spiller
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    Lol some blog and obscure forum post are not proof, but believe what you want. :)

Also if you mean Tropica 1-2 Grow, tissue cultured plants dont have bba, or any other algae for that matter.

More likely the new plants 'caught" the bba from your tank while in the vulnerable state of converting to submersed.

Not saying its a bad thing, all high techs are one one misstep from having a bba outbreak. Just that it did not happen as a result of the plants you bought, and certainly not from tissue cultured plants.

12. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Burr I have a feeling you have no clue what your saying or talking about. You are oblivious to the situation at hand.
    Its a low tech tank. Very low tech, almost no maintenance. These are not tissue culture crypts btw, they sent me them wrapped in led (lead?).
    Idk why you keep ignoring this:
    And plants I have added emersed grown before (my own as you know very well I have many emersed grown plants) nothing happened during the transition.
    No those crypts as far as I know were not emersed grown either, that is for buceplant to claim.

Also this review wasn't predominantly based on the fact their crypt products gave me a BBA outbreak it was more focused (or supposed to be) on the fact that they blacklisted me for giving them a bad review. This means that for all we know buceplant could privately be 2 stars or 3 stars for all we know. They keep deleting bad reviews, and banning people who write those bad reviews, from their website.

Just looked:
    "Cryptocoryne ****** is a less common variant of Cryptocoryne which has bright green grass-like leaves. The characteristics are similar to that of other Crypts such as Crypt ******. Like other plants in the same family, it grows at a moderate rate and can be grown both submerged and emersed. To propagate, simply cut off new plantlets growing from the mother rhizome."

It seems they do not claim them to be emersed grown or submersed grown. In this case, I rest my case.

And again I ask you, where is your proof?

#12 DutchMuch, Aug 25, 2017
  13. slipfinger

slipfinger Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    6:18 AM
    @DutchMuch Sorry that you feel you were mistreated by BP, but coming on here and doing what your doing is not going to make the situation any better.

Might be time to chill out and cool off for a bit. You got a raw deal first go around and for what ever reason plants showed up in poor condition. You left your one star review, and moved on. No clue why you'd try and order from them again if you were so unhappy first time around, but you did and they refused your order. Is it good business practice? Anyways they have just as much rights to refuse your business as you have refusing to buy from them. I think their canceling your order might have more to do with you came on all these public forums and slammed them, not because of your one star review you gave them.

Also probably not the smartest to come on here and start a pissing match over BBA, you need to learn when to step back and chill bud, Did you not learn anything from your experience over at TPT? Give yourself a time out, cool off and deal with the issue when you're not so hot under collar.

andiok and burr740 like this.
  14. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I will admit I was disappointed in BP, but ill answer your questions.
    Gave them a second chance, because, well its America, land of second chances... And they are the only ones who carried those plants I was looking for that I could find. I posted these posts Against them, after they blacklisted me.
    Am I heated: no I just wrote these reviews, as reviews, to inform people what they are buying and from who. its a review.
    BBA: Wasn't mad, I like a good debate. I'm a debater. And still stand by what I said :) If you have someone who says they know something, but doesn't have any physical evidence of that knowing. I will continue to disbelieve in them. This applies to some things. BBA in this case.

But thanks for your reply Slip, I however still hope people find this review informative and they make a good choice on what to do with their money. And look at all aspects of the company before buying from anyone or any place.

You don't know what happened there. Only 5 people do. And that is the five people involved. if you want me "not to be heated" why poke the bear and instigate?

My final comment on this thread as it is getting out of hand, and is missing the point of this entire post.

Thanks,
    Nate

#14 DutchMuch, Aug 25, 2017
  15. burr740

burr740 Micros Spiller
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    You said they were Tropica

To which I replied

16. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Tropica is a type of crypt, this just further proves my point.

K this is my last post :p lol

#16 DutchMuch, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  17. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    BucePlant called me this morning, out of their personal time, which to me is nice customer care.
    And they said they felt as if I attacked them, and I don't want them or anyone else to think this at all. I was writing my experience down so people could see or learn from it as I did. My review is just that, a review, a little article on what my experience was like with this product and/or company. BP also said, that my review I wrote on Cabomba Aquatica was removed (3 times) because it had nothing to do with the plant, of which I denied because it had to do with that plant imo.
    Reason I wrote the review on that plant was because that is one of the 3 plants they denied me the right to order. So it was a necessary subject to write a review under. At the end of the phonecall, I was kind of confused, because they said we hope you can buy from us again, and I tried doing this (this is where my review came from) but I was denied service, which to me makes no sense and is confusing. So I thought maybe it was something just said, in the moment maybe.

Alright so I think that's the end of my review.

Thanks
    Nate

#17 DutchMuch, Aug 26, 2017
  18. mathman

mathman Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Informative. Thank you.

Here's something you can think about...

By buying from them again, you are giving them a second chance...or so you claim.

However, when they contacted you to make things right (the first time)...that was an excellent opportunity for a second chance.

Don't you think?

#18 mathman, Aug 26, 2017
    andiok likes this.
  19. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Yes and I accepted it, and I then decided to buy from them again the second chance... Then was denied service.

20. mathman

mathman Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Oh....no bueno on their part then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk