Buce species list and research description paper

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
If you like the genus, read the damn paper.

2014, so it's pretty up to date.

http://www.aroid.org/gallery/boyce/...rg10.3372wi.44.44201] - Wong & Boyce 2014.pdf

No molecular data, but that may come some day, but good old fashion morphology.

Good habitat pictures.

Black Skeleton king is also more of a faculative rhenophyte also, something I've said an stated a few times now. the Green type seems fine, but not the black submersed.

AaronT

Jul 29, 2013
It's about darn time someone took the time to properly identify these things. :D

AaronT

Jul 29, 2013
It's about darn time someone took the time to properly identify these things. :D

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
Isn't this species going to be endangered? I know a guy who imported like 4000 plants and I'm going to buy from him. With all the different types of species out there and many of many selling and importing, what about its natural habitat???

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
AaronT said:

Peter is the world expert on the group.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
strungout said:
Isn't this species going to be endangered? I know a guy who imported like 4000 plants and I'm going to buy from him. With all the different types of species out there and many of many selling and importing, what about its natural habitat???

Working with grower's/sellers= best route to preservation. Many are now growing rather than flipping/wild stock harvesting.

If you try and lay down the law, this often tends to back fire with businesses, and it is a lot of $ to many of them in that area. So a small farm where they live etc, = much better, and higher quality, permanent supply etc.

Champagne

Junior Poster
Sep 8, 2014
I've been looking for more of these papers with only some luck. I purchased a few buce's a few months back that flower weekly and was looking to ID them.