This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

bubble counter water evaporating

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by danski, Jul 27, 2007.

1. danski

danski Junior Poster

Local Time:
    6:13 PM
    i read somewhere that i can put some other liquid in there that wont evaporate as fast..anyone recall what it might be,or am i just looney?
    dan

2. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Glycerin is sometimes used, as is mineral oil. My experience with my Milwaukee regulator bubble counter was that it wasn't evaporation that was removing the water in my bubble counter, but leakage from the bottom of the counter. When I used a bubble counter that didn't leak I never had to replace the water in it.

3. danski

danski Junior Poster

Local Time:
    ahhhhh..maybe i should add some teflon and re-thread it then..never thought that could be the case..since i would see what looked like a bubble travel up the tube..thought that also had somethin to do with it.. thanks
    dan

4. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    If you have the Milwaukee regulator bubble counter, it is sealed at the bottom with a very thin O-ring, so teflon tape may not work. I couldn't stop the leak no matter what I tried, so I just removed the bubble counter and attached the CO2 tubing directly to where the bubble counter was screwed on - it is an identical fitting. Then I made my own bubble counter and used it instead.

5. danski

danski Junior Poster

Local Time:
    its a JBJ counter..i might just disconnect it and run straight to my spiral diffuser..that might be okay hah?..then i will just watch my drop checker..does that sound cool or do you think i should replace the counter?...thanks
    dan