This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Bubble algae removal

Discussion in 'Marine Plants - Macroalgae' started by feh, Nov 19, 2012.

1. feh

feh Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    11:30 AM
    Anyone have any easy tricks for removing bubble algae without popping them? The last thing I want to do is release spores in the tank. I've taken a few pieces out but there are a few places hard to get to and removing the rock isn't an option.

2. captnphil

captnphil Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I've tried everything...
    When they get big enough its easier to just pull em out. But if you beak it...
    I've even got a rock out, cleaned it with freshwater&brush, came back!
    I think emerald eats them.

3. fplata

fplata Member

Local Time:
    Can you please post a picture of it

4. feh

feh Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    I know what caused mine... i tried to remove one in the tank and popped it. I've been removing it from the pieces I can remove from the tank and dipping them in saltwater before putting them back in the tank to make sure i didn't leave any spores. I don't trust crabs and even then its a 50/50 shot if they will eat it. Nutrients isn't a real problem in my tank. I'm not sure which kind it is, but I'll definitely look it up.

5. feh

feh Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    I did read a nice tip on one of the reef forums about using a sharpened flat blade screw driver and carving out a small bit of rock with it. Just not fond of roulette.