This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Brycinus longipinnis

Discussion in 'Fish for Planted Tanks' started by Gerryd, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    8:35 PM
    Hi all,

So, went looking for fish today and got 54 of these long finned african tetras. LFS was excited that I took all they had.

Am acclimating them now and will transfer to the display tank soon.

Have been looking for something like this. A bit larger, nice schooler, and definitely not that usual. Anybody with experience that wants to chime in is welcome....I remembered them from my Baensch atlas'..

I found a nice video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUpb-XA-zBs

Pics later...Looks like their eventual size means they will be the ONLY tetra in the tank. Will transfer the cards at some point to let them grow...

I also grabbed the following while I was there:

6 - kribs 4 fem/2 males -
    5 - small clown loaches - I know they get big but takes awhile..
    6 - cory arcuatus
    8 - cory agassizi

They had some gorgeous syndontis spotted cats, but didn't know anything about them, so did not get any. Need to research them.

They also have tons of smaller redline barbs very nice, but I had seen the alestes first....

I also need to get an ancistrus or two.

Thanks!

#1 Gerryd, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2010
  2. dutchy

dutchy Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    8:35 PM
    I've seen those at the LFS here too. Big fish, I'm sure it's going to be a real eye-catcher!!

regards,
    dutchy.

#2 dutchy, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2010