Broken Image Links in EI Post and Rotala Butterfly Calculator

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
Pikez said:
Still working on the site, Fab?

FWIW - I add 1/4 tsp of Urea to my 180 daily. Not sure what that does, if anything. My guess is that it gets processed by the filters mostly. Plants probably get a little.

I do it because I don't have a lot of fish and barely feed them.

Urea probably does a lot more than what you expect. It gives explosion to plants in the littlelest amounts. Grows stuff like a mofo

Same explosion you get in the first month of amazonia

fablau

rotalabutterfly.com
Staff member
Sep 13, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
www.fablauplants.com
strungout said:
rotala butterfly is down for me, it said something about using cookies. it's down on my phone and web

Yes, the site doesn't work as it should because the server software has been updated, and now something must be fixed. We'll try to figure it out tomorrow... I will keep you posted guys!

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
I did a google search and this is the top calculator out there. Actually i couldn't find no other other than one in the UK and it doesn't do but a fraction of the compounds you guys listed. Congratulations on this.

fablau

rotalabutterfly.com
Staff member
Sep 13, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
www.fablauplants.com
strungout said:
I did a google search and this is the top calculator out there. Actually i couldn't find no other other than one in the UK and it doesn't do but a fraction of the compounds you guys listed. Congratulations on this.

Thank you Strungout, but the heavy work was done by Wet, no longer among us... he did a terrific job, we just revised it and put it back online.

Pikez

Rotala Killer!
May 12, 2013
Close (but not too close) to LA
fablau said:
The calculator is back guys. Just a stupid setting on the server and it's all fixed now, it just took a while to figure it out!

Thanks for adding Urea.

My random dosage of 1/4 tsp Urea per day interestingly provides 0.8 ppm N. I think this was Tom's suggested dose for tanks with little or no fish. My tanks definitely qualify.

I really cant comment in whether it is doing anything because I haven't switched the dosage on/off to see what difference I notice. I have three large canister filters on my 180, including an FX6. I also have to large cerges reactors (20" x 4") stuffed with bioballs. So the bacteria are likely to process most of it out and convert quickly to nitrates.

I assume the plants (especially the aggressive ones) are able to suck some of it out quickly.

Jason King

barrreport.com
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
UK
barrreport.com
Yes sorry about the down time on rotalabutterfly, the server had a few problems but is now upgraded with both new software and faster hardware.

After the upgrade we had a small problem with a setting that's now been fixed.

If you notice any problems please let us know here.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

fablau

rotalabutterfly.com
Staff member
Sep 13, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
www.fablauplants.com
Pikez said:
Thanks for adding Urea.

My random dosage of 1/4 tsp Urea per day interestingly provides 0.8 ppm N. I think this was Tom's suggested dose for tanks with little or no fish. My tanks definitely qualify.

I really cant comment in whether it is doing anything because I haven't switched the dosage on/off to see what difference I notice. I have three large canister filters on my 180, including an FX6. I also have to large cerges reactors (20" x 4") stuffed with bioballs. So the bacteria are likely to process most of it out and convert quickly to nitrates.

I assume the plants (especially the aggressive ones) are able to suck some of it out quickly.

Most than welcome!

Thanks Vin for providing us with real data, what's your tank size again? I wanna check if everything is right with the calculator...

fablau

rotalabutterfly.com
Staff member
Sep 13, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
www.fablauplants.com
Thanks Vin. Yes, I see, you got the 0.8ppm from the calculator (0.74ppm exactly)... Do you think that's correct? I entered the proportions of the elements into the backend of the calculator, but i have no idea if the results are correct. That's why we'd need someone who can confirm the results.

burr740

Micros Spiller
Feb 16, 2015
Thanks for the urea info everyone, an for adding it to the calculator.

Ive always been curious to try it but never really knew where to begin. Like Pikez I also have a very light fish load.

Just ordered a pound off amazon, gonna try something like .4 ppm and see what happens.

fablau

rotalabutterfly.com
Staff member
Sep 13, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
www.fablauplants.com
burr740 said:
Thanks for the urea info everyone, an for adding it to the calculator.

Ive always been curious to try it but never really knew where to begin. Like Pikez I also have a very light fish load.

Just ordered a pound off amazon, gonna try something like .4 ppm and see what happens.

Sounds good! Keep us posted :)