This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

breaking the surface and Hydor "?"

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by crystalview, Sep 30, 2008.

1. crystalview

crystalview Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    6:03 PM
    Breaking the surface with air does this cause the same loss when I am using Excel as if I were using CO2?

Do you know if Hydor makes an add on piece that I could add to direct the flow more downward? The only other thing I could think of was to mount the unit in the bottom of the tank but I am not sure that would work.

2. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Are you referring to the Hydor Koralia pump? If so, it swivels so you can point it almost any direction without problems.

Excel is not a gas, so it will not be affected by surface disturbance.

3. rich815

rich815 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Some ripples on the surface is not so bad (Tom's 180 tank had a decent amount from his circulation pump), just be sure to adjust for CO2 loss by cranking the CO2 up a bit should doing so cause your drop checker to get too bluish.