Blue Line 55 HD Pump Manual

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
Has any one ever change the rear fan on this pump, I can't find a blue line 55 hd pump manual or a pic of this part any where ? The company did say I could order it from there Dealers but no one place the item on there site, {unless it's a special order!}

:confused:

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Just Rip It Apart!

Hi,

I am pretty sure you just remove the fan cover and the fan blade, at most, is attached either with a small nut or retaining ring clip. ;)

Before you order or buy any parts, make sure the fan is the problem, get inside and check, often fan problems are debris or contamination a little cleaning goes a long way. They are not particularly complex devices.

While you are at it pull the front cover and check/clean the impeller and housing. :)

Biollante

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
I had an accident and crack a fin , It's not broken off but would need to replace some time in the future? I took the C clip off an took the rust off but there is is a little rust on the inside of the rust witch I think is holding the fin on tight, Might need to use some liquid wrench to break it free?

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Liquid Wrench Magic!

Hi,

As long as you removed the retaining clip then a little liquid wrench should do it and clean up the rust. :)

If you have not done so already, make sure you check the impeller and housing after a drop. :)

Good luck,
Biollante

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
Thanks Biollante

I did not drop the pump I crack the fin by hand trying to pry the fin off the pump thats when I notice the rust .

:eek:

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
Will I took the C Ring off an clean it and added Liquid Wrench with no luck, Now I'm going to try to hunt down a small pulley if I can , I could not get it free!

:mad:

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Hub Puller

Hi,

As long you are you sure there isn't another retaining ring a small hub puller such as are used in faucets should work. There may be a set screw of some sort.

Mine just pulls out after removing the clip. I do not have a manual and have not been able to locate one. :confused:

Biollante

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Hi

Looking at mine a bit, it almost sounds as if you may need to replace the entire rear housing. I didn’t think about the rust inside, these are sealed units and rust building up in inside is not a good thing. :(

I have never had to replace anything on mine, as pressure rated pumps go it is nice. :)

If it is less than five years old, I think it should be under warranty. If that is the case, maybe forcing things isn’t such a good idea.

I just talked to my pump guy, he speaks only gibberish and Google doesn’t make a translator for that, but I think he said if you can get a couple of good photos he ought to be able to tell. He seemed to agree that forcing things at this point is probably not a good idea.;)

If you do not wish to post the pictures you are welcome to pm or email them.

Biollante

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
Will the rust was just on the clip and where the fan is only . I don't see any other clip.

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Hub Puller v. Coherent Thought

Hi,

That is identical to mine, I see no reason the fan should not simply lift off. :eek:

I will forward the pictures to my gibberish speaking pump guy. :)

I guess left to my own devices (a hub puller being one such device) I would try popping it off with a hub puller. ;)

I’ll get back when I hear something, but since I lack a coherent nervous system (hence the lack of coherent thought), I am at the end of what I thought (think?) I knew (know?). :eek:

Biollante

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
champion lighting and supply has there name tag on the pump so I email them ask about the part {rear fan}. I can't see why he couldn't send me a manual or a pic of the BL 55 HD Pump? First he said the fan was connected to the shaft that runs threw the motor, Then came back an said just the C-Ring was all that was holding the fan down? The rust must be holding it down for me because I can't get it loose?

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
Will I can't fig it out !! but since the blade is only crack I'm going to get back to it later and get back on the pluming on my tank, I did see a small pulley at Home Depot for the handle on the sink that my might work. I did try the Liquid Wrench but I don't think it could seep into the fan to slip it off??