This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Line 55 HD Pump Manual

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by inkslinger, Nov 16, 2009.

1. inkslinger

inkslinger Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    7:55 PM
    Has any one ever change the rear fan on this pump, I can't find a blue line 55 hd pump manual or a pic of this part any where ? The company did say I could order it from there Dealers but no one place the item on there site, {unless it's a special order!}

:confused:

2. Biollante

Biollante Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Just Rip It Apart!

Hi,

I am pretty sure you just remove the fan cover and the fan blade, at most, is attached either with a small nut or retaining ring clip. ;)

Before you order or buy any parts, make sure the fan is the problem, get inside and check, often fan problems are debris or contamination a little cleaning goes a long way. They are not particularly complex devices.

While you are at it pull the front cover and check/clean the impeller and housing. :)

Biollante

3. inkslinger

Local Time:
    I had an accident and crack a fin , It's not broken off but would need to replace some time in the future? I took the C clip off an took the rust off but there is is a little rust on the inside of the rust witch I think is holding the fin on tight, Might need to use some liquid wrench to break it free?

4. Biollante

Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Liquid Wrench Magic!

Hi,

As long as you removed the retaining clip then a little liquid wrench should do it and clean up the rust. :)

If you have not done so already, make sure you check the impeller and housing after a drop. :)

Good luck,
    Biollante

5. inkslinger

Local Time:
    Thanks Biollante

I did not drop the pump I crack the fin by hand trying to pry the fin off the pump thats when I notice the rust .

:eek:

6. Biollante

Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Oops!

Hate when that happens!:D

I would still check the impeller, but that is just me. :eek:

Biollante

7. inkslinger

Local Time:
    Will I took the C Ring off an clean it and added Liquid Wrench with no luck, Now I'm going to try to hunt down a small pulley if I can , I could not get it free!

:mad:

8. Biollante

Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hub Puller

Hi,

As long you are you sure there isn't another retaining ring a small hub puller such as are used in faucets should work. There may be a set screw of some sort.

Mine just pulls out after removing the clip. I do not have a manual and have not been able to locate one. :confused:

Biollante

9. Biollante

Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi

Looking at mine a bit, it almost sounds as if you may need to replace the entire rear housing. I didn’t think about the rust inside, these are sealed units and rust building up in inside is not a good thing. :(

I have never had to replace anything on mine, as pressure rated pumps go it is nice. :)

If it is less than five years old, I think it should be under warranty. If that is the case, maybe forcing things isn’t such a good idea.

I just talked to my pump guy, he speaks only gibberish and Google doesn’t make a translator for that, but I think he said if you can get a couple of good photos he ought to be able to tell. He seemed to agree that forcing things at this point is probably not a good idea.;)

If you do not wish to post the pictures you are welcome to pm or email them.

Biollante

10. inkslinger

Local Time:
    Will the rust was just on the clip and where the fan is only . I don't see any other clip.

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

11. Biollante

Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hub Puller v. Coherent Thought

Hi,

That is identical to mine, I see no reason the fan should not simply lift off. :eek:

I will forward the pictures to my gibberish speaking pump guy. :)

I guess left to my own devices (a hub puller being one such device) I would try popping it off with a hub puller. ;)

I’ll get back when I hear something, but since I lack a coherent nervous system (hence the lack of coherent thought), I am at the end of what I thought (think?) I knew (know?). :eek:

Biollante

12. inkslinger

Local Time:
    champion lighting and supply has there name tag on the pump so I email them ask about the part {rear fan}. I can't see why he couldn't send me a manual or a pic of the BL 55 HD Pump? First he said the fan was connected to the shaft that runs threw the motor, Then came back an said just the C-Ring was all that was holding the fan down? The rust must be holding it down for me because I can't get it loose?

13. Biollante

Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi,

Any news on the BL 55 pump front?

Biollante

14. inkslinger

Local Time:
    Will I can't fig it out !! but since the blade is only crack I'm going to get back to it later and get back on the pluming on my tank, I did see a small pulley at Home Depot for the handle on the sink that my might work. I did try the Liquid Wrench but I don't think it could seep into the fan to slip it off??