This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Blood fin tetra to contol snail problem?

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by bluedragon, May 28, 2010.

1. bluedragon

bluedragon Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    3:34 PM
    I added 7 blood fin tetras to my tank, right after they went to my tank first thing I saw was one blood fin going for snail (small pond snail) and it swalloed it. I have been seeing this all morning today. They are going inside plant bushes and eating small snails. I will update how it will go over time. Looks like I accidently discovered way to reduce snail population in my tank. Please add your comments if you have seen similar behavior. If this is true then forget assasin snail :). I have never seen then eating snail, I have seen snails piggybacking on them :)
    Regards
    NN