This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Black spots on leaves, Algae related?

Discussion in 'Algae Control' started by Detritus Mulm, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Detritus Mulm

Detritus Mulm Guru Class Expert

I've been having a minor battle with BGA recently. The mechanical cleaning and water changes have helped with this, but it's not dead yet. I've also been having increasing issues with Green Dust Algae.

The combo was doing a number on the Rose Sword, giving it holely brown leaves. Scrubbing the leaves every few days has really improved it, but a few leaves still have black spots. These same spots are on some of the Luwigia leaves, mostly those near the bottom of the tank away from the light. I suspect the BGA is causing the problem, but I can't be sure it's not some kind of fungus or other Algae.

Background:

Light 4 wpg
    CO2 15-20 ppm
    Iron .2 ish
    K ? Gets dosed with the Iron every week
    P ?
    N - Only what the fish provide, usually between 5 - 10 ppm, but falling off.