This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

black spot algae

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by hani, Jul 31, 2010.

1. hani

hani Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    1:36 AM
    How do you treat it? its not GSA, its not BBA which i had before and dealt with, the BSA, seem to grow in both low/high light area, Anubis and java fern. co2 oK AND am using EI/
    I will try to look at it under the microscope to see what it is?
    thanks

2. dutchy

dutchy Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    1:36 AM
    Hi,

I really don't know where to classify BSA. What I can tell you, although you said it isn't, that your BSA is in fact GSA. GSA can look very dark. I had it in past. More black than green. Anyway, Assuming your PO4 and CO2 is ok, there's one thing left. Light. If you're using high light your CO2 may not reach unlimiting levels, even when you're at the maximum your fish can take.
    Anyway I would check CO2. maybe you already did, but assuming it's ok is a mistake.

Maybe you could add a pic? The info is very scarse.

regards,
    dutchy

#2 dutchy, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2010