This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Black algae and trimming too short..or co2?

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Socket, May 29, 2013.

1. Socket

Socket Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    7:48 PM
    I know they share a direct relationship (BBA and co2) with each other; and I assumed it was based on flow and not just co2 enrichment.

My PH and KH show I'm at 40ppm CO2 in the water; my drop checker (I know, I know, I dislike it too...) is a very faint light green....I know my co2 is fine. I blamed the 2 leaves on 3 plants that have BBA on them on a lack of flow in that area. I installed a power head, and didn't aim it right at that area; but did point it just above it to make sure water/co2 circulation was sufficient there.

Now, these plants I did trim a little too short in my opinion, and it caused the original growth to stop, and new side shoots started, which pearl like crazy and have taken off. The leaves I speak of are from the original stem...Could the original stem be dying, and thus causing bba to form on the remaining leaves? Thank you!