This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

bga help

Discussion in 'Algae Control' started by rick4him, Sep 27, 2008.

1. rick4him

rick4him Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    3:34 AM
    I am starting to get that BGA - and my ferts, water flow, etc are all inline.

Any dieas?

It's spreading a nice green, blue coat across the plants...

2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi,

I read your original thread for details and go some, but would be easier for all if you gave a few tank parms, such as size, lighting, fert regimen, co2 or no, etc. Type of lights, duration, etc. This will get you better advice and replies.

BGA for me indicates low KN03 in my tank and for many others as well. Dirty filters and older substrates can also play a part............

Try increasing your kn03, and do bi-weekly 50% water changes for 2-3 weeks and perhaps reduce your lighting and see if that helps at all.

Hope this helps.

3. rick4him

rick4him Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    WEll basically I have a ADA 90 P (pretty much 48 gallons.) My dosing is great. I use co2. I have an ADA Grand Solar one. (if you follow my link you can see my entire tank - RickOnline.us - then click on fish) I have all ADA, etc.

I do 2 50% water changes a week. Good water flow. Clean filters. Etc. It is growing on my hair grass - forming a blue/green slime on my grass, and at the bottom of my substrate. I take it off, and it comes back. I don't really want to do a black out.

any ideas? How any ideas how it could have started?
    thanks

4. lescarpentier

lescarpentier Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Are you still using the Britewell fertilizers?

5. rick4him

rick4him Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    I am, yes!