This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Betta Sudden Fin Rot And Death

Discussion in 'Fish for Planted Tanks' started by AtticusFynch, Jan 12, 2018.

1. AtticusFynch

AtticusFynch New Member

Local Time:
    2:38 AM
    I've got a 55 gallon tank, heavily planted. It's a community tank, with 1 betta, 9 harlequin rasboras, 4 african dwarf frogs, 7 cories, 5 otos, about 15 amano shrimp and a mix of pond and ramshorn snails.

Last night I came home to find one dead frog, and my betta with extreme fin rot. Fins were like 75% gone, and scales on his body had turned mostly black. I couldn't see anything obviously physically wrong with the dead frog.

This all happened in one day. The betta looked perfectly fine the day before.

I tested all my water parameters. Ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate all zero. Ph steady at 7.4. Temperature was normal, at 77 degrees F.

Anyway, my poor betta didn't make it through the night. All other tank inhabitants look fine today, including the remaining frogs.

Bacterial infection of some sort is the obvious first guess, but I'm not sure what to do right now other than watch and wait. Any advice?