Best place for fittings for regulators?


Prolific Poster
Oct 5, 2010
Hey all,

I've just purchased my first regulator (huzzah!) as well as a few misc. things like check valves, a needle valve, etc., and am building a bubble counter and a reactor. What I can't seem to find, however, is any reference to a good site to get good quality threaded and barbed brass fittings (or maybe SS?). Could someone help steer me in the right direction please?

I did read one comment that said Home Depot would have them, but I can't find anything in 1/8 on their website.

Thanks in advance,


Junior Poster
Oct 21, 2010
Haven't seen any 1/8 hose barbs to 1/8 connections at Home Depot either. Last time I checked, Lowe's had 1/8 hose barbs to 1/4" MPT. I'm assuming that you have a solenoid with 1/8" female, which is incompatible unless you try to stick another adapter onto it. Try a welding shop.. they should have the parts you need.

Matt F.

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
May 30, 2009
California for brass parts and swagelok for stainless. Info on this is in the Dual Stage Regulator thread if you dig for it. Just order it's easier than trying to piece something together.

You could get a sumo-kit, but you can piece add piece together a nice post body of at least equal quality.

I'll post my source list in Left C's thread.