This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Best place for fittings for regulators?

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Orple, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Orple

Orple Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    4:44 PM
    Hey all,

I've just purchased my first regulator (huzzah!) as well as a few misc. things like check valves, a needle valve, etc., and am building a bubble counter and a reactor. What I can't seem to find, however, is any reference to a good site to get good quality threaded and barbed brass fittings (or maybe SS?). Could someone help steer me in the right direction please?

I did read one comment that said Home Depot would have them, but I can't find anything in 1/8 on their website.

Thanks in advance,
    Orple

2. agentkhiem

agentkhiem Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Haven't seen any 1/8 hose barbs to 1/8 connections at Home Depot either. Last time I checked, Lowe's had 1/8 hose barbs to 1/4" MPT. I'm assuming that you have a solenoid with 1/8" female, which is incompatible unless you try to stick another adapter onto it. Try a welding shop.. they should have the parts you need.

3. hbosman

hbosman Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Send a note to www.sumoregulator.com with a list of parts needed. Pricing is reasonable, they will know what you are trying to do and are willing to sell parts.

4. Matt F.

Matt F. Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    bigway.com for brass parts and swagelok for stainless. Info on this is in the Dual Stage Regulator thread if you dig for it. Just order it online...it's easier than trying to piece something together.

You could get a sumo-kit, but you can piece add piece together a nice post body of at least equal quality.

I'll post my source list in Left C's thread.

5. Left C

Left C Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time: