This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Moss?

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Veggiepants, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Veggiepants

Veggiepants Junior Poster

Can someone please let me know what they consider the best moss for use in terraniums? It won't have artificial light or animals - I just wanna surround other plants with something vibrant, slow-growing, and easy to maintain.

Thanks!

2. tedr108

tedr108 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Not sure there are many terrarium owners on this site ... do an internet search on "terrariums how to" and you'll get plenty of hits. I came up with one decent link for you: Plants Suitable for Growing in Terrariums and Dish Gardens. There is some moss listed under the medium light section at least -- I did not read closely. There is more advice on the main page of the site link above.

3. jazzlvr123

jazzlvr123 Guru Class Expert

all mosses will grow emmersed they actually grow more uniform that way you can use plain old java if you want or any other