This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Best fish for 10 gallon planted?

Discussion in 'Fish for Planted Tanks' started by mstasa, Feb 18, 2010.

1. mstasa

mstasa Junior Poster

Local Time:
    9:43 AM
    What are your opinions for fish for a 10 gallon planted aquarium. Structure: Driftwood in the middle with a rock pile. Plants: whole bottom covered in dwarf hair grass, with red ludwigia and broad leaf ludwigia in corners. Thanks

2. shoggoth43

shoggoth43 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Less is more. Go with smaller fish. Embers might look good, or possibly the galaxy danios/rasboras. Say maybe 6 or so. Shrimp are also a good choice as they have low bio requirements. Is your tank really that blue in appearance or did the camera do something wierd?

-
    S

3. dutchy

dutchy Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    You could use a nice school of Rasbora maculata (mini-rasbora)

Regards,
    Dutchy

4. mstasa

mstasa Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thanks for the comments il keep them in mind. The light is a 36 watt 50/50 and thats why its blue. from aquatraders.com

5. csmith

csmith Guest

Local Time:
    3:43 AM
    I put 4 sparkling gouramis in my 10 gallon a week ago. Other than them devouring my shrimp's babies, I'm glad with the choice.