This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

basic ferts for low tech?

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by pinnacle2009, May 26, 2009.

1. pinnacle2009

pinnacle2009 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    9:48 PM
    I am just getting into a planted aquarium. Atm, my 29g is still cycling. I have planted some Amazon Swords, Micro Sword, and Lutea (or so the label says).

I am planning on adding more when everything grows out and I get a chance to move it around. I don't know too much about ferts; still doing my research!

I was going to order some stuff tonight and figured I could go ahead and order some. What are some basic ferts I need to get? I have 2 2L DIY Co2. I haven't checked wattage on my lights, but they are just lights that came with the setup, so I am assuming it is very low light.

2. pinnacle2009

Local Time:
  3. jonny_ftm

jonny_ftm Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
  4. Tug

Tug Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Fill in the gaps

What is low light? Find and read your local water quality report and IMHO, if it is low light then your plants demand for CO2 will be less critical. Non-CO2 methods do work. Have fun. This is a great place for information and good people to keep me inline when I get it wrong.

5. pinnacle2009

Local Time:
    Thanks guys! :)