"Balance" 65 Gallon Dutch Aquascape, ((( Plants Are In!!! )))

toads74

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2013
If you go to a big box store, Take the aerator from the faucet and the python with you. May help the clerk sort it out with you. :D

Reactions: DutchMuch

slipfinger

Article Editor
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Article Editor
Jul 23, 2016
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Thats weird because there are only 2 kinds of threads used for faucets. The one you will find on your Bathroom/kitchen faucets (fine thread) and the one you use for your garden hose (course thread).

Did you try and remove the aerator screen?

DutchMuch

Junior Poster
Mar 8, 2017
Arkansas
If you go to a big box store, Take the aerator from the faucet and the python with you. May help the clerk sort it out with you. :D
My step dad (he worked there recently, seasonal) came with me on this one the first time, (well be going again Because of this) and we couldn't remember the faucet measurement, its a delta and it has an off size thing anyway with the thread count, its 3/4 but its by 27 and idk what that's apart of, but to find that thread count and dimension we'll have to order it two pieces from Home Depot... etc
But yea thanks for your suggestion, It was just to late!!! LOL thank you very much!

DutchMuch

Junior Poster
Mar 8, 2017
Arkansas
Thats weird because there are only 2 kinds of threads used for faucets.
We went to the sinks and spickets and all the adapters were fine thread and so we have to step it up a notch and see if it fits. Were going back tmrw to see if we can find it again @toads74 with the proper equiptment lol

toads74

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2013
Lol. When I hooked up an ro unit to the faucet I had found only 1 adapter that would fit. It had like three different thread sizes on it and of course I had to use the two smaller ones.... few minutes with a hacksaw and a file I finally had my adapter... it always takes me at least two trips to do anything... :mad:

Phishless

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 13, 2017
Arnold, MD
And look at this stuff, me likey.. wonder how much of it actually works though. And if its worth the expensive price tag.. read the descriptions of each item and you may be wowed :p would be nice to have some of these on demand.
https://www.seneye.com/devices/seneye-reef

I don't know about the rest of this stuff.
Bought the Seneye Reef only to use a PAR/light meter.
Happy with it but don't use it often.
Maybe once every 3 months when adjusting a puck.
PAR readings seem within 5 of other meters.
Kelvin readings seem spot on if not blending LED colors.
PUR reading I think is just a calculated longshot.
Never used the slides for it nor do I really care.

Worked in the "dark" shall we say too long with lighting.
Building all these different pucks sort of required a PAR meter.

DutchMuch

Junior Poster
Mar 8, 2017
Arkansas
Good news!
Green water has reduced its green watery-ness by about... eh... roughly 30%.
So kind of.
I'm doing WC's every 2 days now.

slipfinger

Article Editor
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Article Editor
Jul 23, 2016
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
You're still fighting green water? Your post last Thursday said, "Good news, green water is all gone."

I know you said you are short on cash, but a UV sterilizer would take care of the green water in a day or two..

This is the adaptor you probably need if you havn't gotten one already.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B003MWRMIQ?tag=vglnk-ca-c50-20

Last edited:

DutchMuch

Junior Poster
Mar 8, 2017
Arkansas
You're still fighting green water? Your post last Thursday said, "Good news, green water is all gone."

I know you said you are short on cash, but a UV sterilizer would take care of the green water in a day or two..

This is the adaptor you probably need if you havn't gotten one already.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B003MWRMIQ?tag=vglnk-ca-c50-20
Yes gone because of a huge water change.
That was also before the Other, plants arrived, and I still have more coming in.
No im not getting a UV, I have had green water issues before, my fluval had one when it was first setup. Its all plant mass. UV is like 300$ I don't need to spend because it will never be used.
We ordered the adapter.

DutchMuch

Junior Poster
Mar 8, 2017
Arkansas
Pictures or it didn't happen!
I have been taking pics, many of them.
But I cant upload them to barrreport for some reason, hoppy is having the same issue as well.
But when it works, (I'm not doing anything to help it work) the image uploader on here, ill be able to spam pics.

DutchMuch

Junior Poster
Mar 8, 2017
Arkansas
Oh forgot to say, the Aquascaping has now kind of begun.
Again @Phishless thank you for your plants, came in fantastic.
But I made my first street, and I made 1 full group now. Which is nice. the street looks good, but everything still has a LONG time to grow out.

Reactions: Phishless