"Balance" 65 Gallon Dutch Aquascape, ((( Plants Are In!!! )))

skija

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2015
Romania
I think you are just unlucky , i order plants online, but with no more than 3 days delivery , otherwise problems can appear .

Dale Hazey

Junior Poster
Feb 18, 2017
I bought an aquaclear 50 from amazon, showed up used. I contacted amazon and said I wanted a new one over nighted before I returned the 50, because my tank needed it.
They did just that, and I even upgraded from the 50 to the 70.

One of my LED lights i bought had a screw fall out inside the interior after a week, just rolls around near the LEDS. I contacted them and told them it was falling apart, and told them I need the LED for my plants. They gave me a refund and told me no return on the item is necessary. Got a free LED.

amazon customer service rocks.

Reactions: DutchMuch

DutchMuch

Junior Poster
Mar 8, 2017
Arkansas
I bought an aquaclear 50 from amazon, showed up used. I contacted amazon and said I wanted a new one over nighted before I returned the 50, because my tank needed it.
They did just that, and I even upgraded from the 50 to the 70.

One of my LED lights i bought had a screw fall out inside the interior after a week, just rolls around near the LEDS. I contacted them and told them it was falling apart, and told them I need the LED for my plants. They gave me a refund and told me no return on the item is necessary. Got a free LED.

amazon customer service rocks.
Well gosh, this is what im going to tell amazon "I need it"
"ok we give it"
done deal.
Thanks Dale I need your... well idk what it is, but I need the good luck you get lol!

Reactions: Dale Hazey

rajkm

Article Editor
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Article Editor
Sep 16, 2015
Hillsboro, OR
If you are hearing the whining noise of the filter pump but no suction, it usually means there is a air pocket.

Dale Hazey

Junior Poster
Feb 18, 2017
I have bought two bags of PFS. Quikrete is the dirtier and dustier one, can't remember the other brand.

When you are logged into amazon hit the "your account" symbol, the circle with the silhouette of a person, scroll down, hit customer service, contact us, then choose the phone call option. In 2 seconds they will call you.

I ordered a pair of jeans and a pump week ago, they canceled the order because they mis shipped it. I got them on the phone, got both items re ordered and free overnight shipping.

DutchMuch

Junior Poster
Mar 8, 2017
Arkansas
Dale thanks so much for your help!
Hydor said they will send me a brand new filter, return the one I have, and its all on them. Great service you are right!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dale Hazey

Dale Hazey

Junior Poster
Feb 18, 2017
Why not look for some of that black diamond blasting sand Burr uses. That stuff is dope, not sure how much it cost though.

DutchMuch

Junior Poster
Mar 8, 2017
Arkansas
Why not look for some of that black diamond blasting sand Burr uses. That stuff is dope, not sure how much it cost though.
Reason I don't want to go with bdbs is because of the black color, would rather have sand for the traditional dutch approach. It is fairly cheap though btw :)

slipfinger

Article Editor
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Article Editor
Jul 23, 2016
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
I have read multiple reports that Quikrete PFS is pretty dusty, but nothing a few good rinses will not take care of. In the end I think any sand used as PFS will do. The only difference you will find amongst brands is the colour. The grain size should be all very similar.

Like I mentioned, check your local pool shop they will definitely have it in stock.