Bad news regarding member Cecil Griffith aka Left C

Matt F.

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
May 30, 2009
California
I knew Cecil was recovering from some health issues, but I began to really worry when I didn't see him log in anymore. Cecil was an avid hobbyist and the original proponent of using high quality regulators for CO2 delivery in our aquariums. He wrote educational articles here and on other websites about the use of dual stage regulators for CO2 injection. He did this to spread knowledge and offer hobbyists a high quality alternative to the crap out on the market. He never shared the info he acquired for profit. He never built and sold regulators professionally. He helped others DIY. He spent multiple hours PM-ing me back and forth when I had questions about a unit I was building, or just to BS. I will miss you buddy. Thank you for sharing your knowledge, curiosity, and time with us.

Cecil died on November 9, 2013.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thetimesnews/obituary.aspx?pid=167956162

Reactions: Amitdeep

Tug

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2009
Washington, DC
The CO2 gear Cecil sold to me is still running in his name.

He spoke very briefly about his illness and only once on the forum.

Thank you for all your help Left C.

Reactions: 2 people

Aquaticz

Mar 17, 2012
Los Angeles
One of the great people who was completely unselfish and always there to help others. He was old school & the best of the best.

You will be sorely missed but always remembered here Sir - RIP

Reactions: Amitdeep

Apprentice

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Gardiner, N.Y.
Just came across this. Sorry to hear.

Read his many posts on this and other forums. We were enriched by your presence and diminished by your absence. RIP.