This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Background plants for NON CO2 80 gal tank.

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by 1077, Oct 9, 2014.

1. 1077

1077 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    1:43 AM
    Morning all,

Am seeking some thoughts on the following plants for 80 gal NON CO2 tank with four 54 watt T5 HO bulbs.(9 inches above the water's surface).
    Currently (Two years now), the tank is comprised of enriched soil and largely crypts,anubia,Watersprite which are thriving with once weekly addition of 3/4 tsp KNO3,1/2 tsp KH2PO4,and 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp CSM+B twice a week.(weekly 50% water change)
    The crypt Balansae,has grown in nicely and drapes across the surface,ditto for the watersprite that I haul out near weekly.
    some large Anubia species that have also grown up out of the tank and loads of smaller anubia attached to wood.
    Anyhow,, I have grown tired of the same old,same old, and am considering purchasing the following to try in my tank.
    Alternanthera Reineckii
    Hygrophila Polysperma "sunset"
    Ludwigia Arcuata
    Ludwigia Repens

Welcome any thoughts/experiences/suggestions as to how they might perform.
    All of my plants currently ,are low light plants and my plan is to remove all of the watersprite from the back glass and place some of these plants in their place.
    Just don't want to pull the trigger if they're gonna just wither and die.
    If it's any help,,I did have zosterfolia along the back glass that reached the surface and then covered nearly all of the surface but took this out for faster growing water sprite. (wishes I would have kept some).
    Many thanks in advance for opinions ,suggestions on planting,etc.

Lee:p

2. Dennis Singh

Dennis Singh SynKing!

Local Time:
    5:43 PM
  3. 1077

1077 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    1:43 AM
    Thanks for the response!