This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Back In The Hobby Again After 7 Years

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Neal Pullins, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Neal Pullins

Neal Pullins New Member

Local Time:
    9:02 AM
    I've been keeping tropical fish since the age of 9 around 1983. From 2011 until this year, I had no aquarium at all.

At the end of September I got a 20 gallon tank with Eco Complete substrate and a host of live plants including Amazon Sword, Red Rubin Sword, Corkscrew Val, Watersprite, Java Fern, Green Myrio, Java Moss, and Brazilian Pennywort.

I have a friend who lives in the same town as well, and we are both getting back into the hobby. In fact, this is how we met was through the internet some 17 years ago through a tropical fish website forum.

I look forward to getting into live plants more as I had kept only plastic plants in the past. CO2 is something I am very interested in getting set up as well.

For now, I use Excel Flourish with my plants.

The Green Myrio and Brazilian Pennywort seem to have really taken off, and I see much growth since I set up the tank a month ago. The other plants, however, seem to be very slow growing.

pH seems stable but is high around 8.2. I've read the Eco Complete substrate can be a cause of this. Hopefully, once I get the CO2 set up and going the pH will decrease.

Tank inhabitants include 2 black skirt tetras, 2 black phantom tetras, 5 neons, 5 harlequin rasboras, 2 albino corys, 2 black mollies (male and female), 2 otos, and 1 assassin snail.

In the pic I have attached, the top pic was taken on Oct 2, and the bottom pic was taken on Nov 1.

Hello to all. Glad to be here.

0.jpg