Oct 22, 2008
Leesburg VA USA
inkslinger;52879 said:
So ??
Brass Bürkert 6011 Solenoid Valve : 00463938 = $45.40 Price
2506 LED DIN model 008 403 (w/o circuitry) =$9.00
Thanks!!

:gw

Sounds like what I will get if my Parker dies. Thanks Left C and inkslinger.

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
I have a Bürkert order form with Jennifer Martin's letterhead. You will need to fill out this form in order to place an order.

Just PM me with your email address and I will send it to you. I can't simply attach it to this thread because the form has too many KB for it to be attached.

NOTE: Please send email address with form request.

Last edited by a moderator:

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
hbosman;52885 said:
Sounds like what I will get if my Parker dies. Thanks Left C and inkslinger.
You are very welcome, H.

In my mind, you could either order one now as an back-up or one for a newly created aquarium. It's better to be safe than sorry. Right? (Hehehehehehe..... )

That's what I've done. I have a brass and SS solenoid coming with a LED DIN for each one.

From my experience, I know that Bürkert solenoids work well. Their being able to run energized (open) for 24/7 is a big plus, overkill, for our use!

hbosman

Guru Class Expert
Oct 22, 2008
Leesburg VA USA
Left C;52906 said:
You are very welcome, H.

In my mind, you could either order one now as an back-up or one for a newly created aquarium. It's better to be safe than sorry. Right? (Hehehehehehe..... )

That's what I've done. I have a brass and SS solenoid coming with a LED DIN for each one.

From my experience, I know that Bürkert solenoids work well. Their being able to run energized (open) for 24/7 is a big plus, overkill, for our use!

I am tempted to order one now but, I'm superstitious. If I have a spare, it will never get used. If I don't have a spare, the original is more likely to fail. I'd rather not have an extra solenoid sitting next to my spare Victor dual stage that might not get used either. Will I sell my spare Victor? No way. Because as soon as I sell it, I will need another one and now days it will cost me much more. ;-)

When the Parker dies, I will just run CO2 24/7 until the Burkert comes in. I've run CO2 24/7 for a few years and didn't have any issues.

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
hbosman;52912 said:
I am tempted to order one now but, I'm superstitious. If I have a spare, it will never get used. If I don't have a spare, the original is more likely to fail. I'd rather not have an extra solenoid sitting next to my spare Victor dual stage that might not get used either. Will I sell my spare Victor? No way. Because as soon as I sell it, I will need another one and now days it will cost me much more. ;-)

When the Parker dies, I will just run CO2 24/7 until the Burkert comes in. I've run CO2 24/7 for a few years and didn't have any issues.

Wow! ... You think just like I do. LOL

I'm superstitious too.

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
I email my Burker rep and this is what I got back: Burket PN 463938 is $43.13 ea and comes with a std 2506 plug but has a 5-6 week lead time

However - PN 456786 is the same valve only it comes with a viton seal instead of a buna seal and I can sell for the same price
Lead time is about 1 week

The above Burket valve also comes with a std plug - but it looks like you want a special 2506 plug

Special 2506 plug PN 008403 Your Price: $8.55 ea
1 week

Beside being able to pick up locally,, Is the Viton seal any better than the a Buna seal for our purpose or is the Viton seal the older version solenoid and the Buna the newer version??

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
No price increase is right.
inkslinger;53001 said:
However - PN 00456786 is the same valve only it comes with a viton seal instead of a buna seal and I can sell for the same price
Lead time is about 1 week
Left C;52347 said:
A plus is that there is no price increase for the Buna seals.

You can get one from aquariumplants.com with the Viton seal for $49 with free shipping. They are supposed to be in stock. But, they have the std DIN and not the LED model. They are not the [HASHTAG]#00456786[/HASHTAG], but a slightly different model, I believe.
inkslinger;53001 said:
The above Burket valve also comes with a std plug - but it looks like you want a special 2506 plug

Special 2506 plug PN 008403 Your Price: $8.55 ea
1 week

I've been using one, a [HASHTAG]#00456786[/HASHTAG], for three years now w/o problems.

They are very good solenoids. They are even designed so that continuous duty being on is not a problem.
inkslinger;53001 said:
Beside being able to pick up locally,, Is the Viton seal any better than the a Buna seal for our purpose or is the Viton seal the older version solenoid and the Buna the newer version??
Left C;52347 said:
Bürkert says that it's not that the Viton seals are bad; it's just that the Buna-N seals are better than Viton for CO2 use.

My 456786 with Viton seals is about 3 years old and I haven't had any trouble with it at all.
Oreo and myself added a little more info about Buna-N and Viton below.

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
inkslinger;53017 said:
:gw

No I got it!! The Buna seal is better than the Viton seal for CO2 purpose .
Do you have one (or more) on order?

Have you seen them? They're about 2/3's the size of Clippard's solenoid, but more sturdily built.

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
No I just order the Special 2506 plug PN 008403 Price: $8.55
When I get a chance, I mean more money, I will get the other
I'm lucky I don't pay for shipping , I get to pick up local

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
inkslinger;53001 said:
... Beside being able to pick up locally,, Is the Viton seal any better than the a Buna seal for our purpose or is the Viton seal the older version solenoid and the Buna the newer version??
Buna-N
Nitrile rubber is the general term for acrylonitrile butadiene terpolymer. Nitrile O-rings, aka Buna-N, are a common rubber compound with two properties important to O-ring seals - resistance to CO2 (both liquid and gaseous) and certain oil based lubricants (like automatic transmission fluid). Nitrile O-rings have a medium to high abrasion resistance, and are resistant to most petroleum based lubricants. Nitrile O-rings also have a very broad temperature range: -65F to +275F, perfect for dealing with cold liquids like CO2.

Viton
Viton is a brand of synthetic rubber and fluoropolymer elastomer commonly used in O-rings and other molded or extruded goods. The name is a registered trademark of DuPont Performance Elastomers L.L.C.. It is rated only as 'good' for use with wet or dry CO2 and not excellent like Buna-N is. Viton works excellent at higher temperatures and exhibits excellent chemical resistance. It works well over a broader range of conditions than other elastomers. It is the closest available approach to being an universal elastomer for sealing in the use of O-rings and custom seals than other elastomers.

http://www.dkirubber.com/materials.asp
http://www.oringsusa.com/html/paintgun.htm
http://www.tankorings.com/aboutorings.html

Oreo

Guru Class Expert
May 6, 2010
When it comes to CO2, Buna-N is what everything else is measured by. There really isn't anything better. Having said that, Viton is up to the task, and if you already have a Viton sealed solenoid valve don't go out of your way to replace it just to get one with Buna-N. I read somewhere that in the long run (years) Viton would develop mild surface oxidation when exposed to CO2.

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
inkslinger;53262 said:
No I just order the Special 2506 plug PN 008403 Price: $8.55
When I get a chance, I mean more money, I will get the other
I'm lucky I don't pay for shipping , I get to pick up local

Will just pick up my Special 2506 plug PN 008403 , The instrction comes on the package it's in German , It's for a 3 prong power cord now got to remember green,white,black? " ground , + , - " ?