Bürkert 6011 solenoids with Buna seals ... available very soon

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
Thanks Left C what is the best size cord for this , I found a 16/3 coil power cord local and a 18/3 coil power cord on line {which would be the smallest in wire gauge}?
The Special 2506 plug PN 008403 has 3 terminals with small set screws to hold in place , They are just mark as - , + , the middle one has a ground marking

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
inkslinger;53561 said:
Thanks Left C what is the best size cord for this , I found a 16/3 coil power cord local and a 18/3 coil power cord on line {which would be the smallest in wire gauge}?
18/3 is smaller than 16/3 wire. The company that I bought my Bürkert solenoid from three years ago used 18/3. My Clippard solenoids are wired with 16/3. If the local 16/3 wire will go through the grommet, I'd use that. The 16/3 is what my local guy carries too.
inkslinger;53561 said:
The Special 2506 plug PN 008403 has 3 terminals with small set screws to hold in place , They are just mark as - , + , the middle one has a ground marking
Black goes to + and while goes to -.

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
Yes I also put the 16/3 on my Clippard Solenoid Valve and found it to be thick.
I would like to find a 18/3 coil power cord even if I have to add my own plug ends, The terminals on this valve looks small "18 gauge size"

:gw

DSC_0052..JPG

DSC_0049..JPG

DSC_0053..JPG

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
I really like how that DIN looks. Thank you very much for the pictures.

Did you find any 18/3 power cords? If you haven't, I'll see if I can round up some. I'm going to need two for my new solenoids.

Last edited by a moderator:

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
Dang! That's some expensive wire!!! A 2/5 of the same wire was $41.85.

My 16/3 power cords were $3 each with the plug already attached.

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
Will coils are very expensive, Locally I could get a 16/3 Coil for $35. And you can pick up a normal cord from Home Depot for $6.- $8. or like your deal for $3.
Retracted / Extended Length of 18/3
1ft / 5ft $25.07
2ft / 10ft $41.85

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
NOTICE: We have new contact person at Bürkert. Her name is Rebecca Watson. Jennifer has received a promotion. Should someone call Jennifer anyway, they will be transferred to Rebecca. Rebecca’s phone number is (704) 504-4671.

boink

Junior Poster
Nov 24, 2006
I had been following this thread until I forgot about it. So with the Burkert solenoids we need the 6011 with buna seal and then the plug portion also? What is the difference between the standard one and the LED one?

Thanks!

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
You just said it LED it has a small led light to let you know when it's powered like the Clippard Solenoid Valve . The solenoid will come with a standard DIM with out a power cord and for $9. more you can order the 2506 LED DIN model 008 403 (w/o circuitry) an replace the standard DIM on the solenoid valve when you get it.

:gw

DSC_0052..JPG

DSC_0049..JPG

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
Some people want to order directly from their distributor. Here are two ways that you can do so.

If you live in USA or Mexico, you can go through the distributor of your choice. Here's the list of those in the USA and Mexico: http://us.burkert.com/ENU/949.html

In other countries, you can find the distrubutor of your choice by clicking on the geographical region on the upper right side of the main site: http://burkert.com/

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
It will pay you to shop around at the various dealers/distributors in the post above for the best price. Some people that have ordered got the same prices that I quoted and some places charged more. So, shop around for the best deal.

Also, the lead time is 6 to 7 weeks.

I wish that some of us could afford to buy a quantity of them and have them available for sale when people want them instead of everyone having to deal with the long wait period.

CrabbyGuy005

Junior Poster
Aug 12, 2010
I'm a newbie to all this but wanted the better parts thus ordered it direct from Burkert as well. Please note that there may not always be a wait period. Sometimes, they mentioned, they would have one in inventory... if your lucky. In the case they have it in stock.... TELL THEM to hold it or something with your CC number. Otherwise as most business goes, first paid is first sold to.

I have a question though on the assembly side...
Can't you use a spare computer cord that's lying around? Sure you'll have to strip it but then won't you save $7 and save the planet and your closet some space?
and there in it lies the question: my cord states its 10A/250V, will it works since the solenoid only uses 4W/120V. sorry but my science is a bit rusty.

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
CrabbyGuy005;54336 said:
I'm a newbie to all this but wanted the better parts thus ordered it direct from Burkert as well. Please note that there may not always be a wait period. Sometimes, they mentioned, they would have one in inventory... if your lucky. In the case they have it in stock.... TELL THEM to hold it or something with your CC number. Otherwise as most business goes, first paid is first sold to.
I'm very glad that you are getting one. This makes three of us.

CrabbyGuy005;54336 said:
I have a question though on the assembly side...
Can't you use a spare computer cord that's lying around? Sure you'll have to strip it but then won't you save $7 and save the planet and your closet some space?
and there in it lies the question: my cord states its 10A/250V, will it work since the solenoid only uses 4W/120V. sorry but my science is a bit rusty.
The end of the power cord goes through a hole in the DIN connector to where the three wires connect. It is the diameter of the power cord's sheath that determines if it fits through that hole or not. If your power cord will fit through that hole, it should work great. It goes without saying to use a very good UL approved power cord for your safety.

I meant to add that the cords on my Bürkert and Clippard solenoids are 300v. Your 250v cord should work great if it will fit through the opening.

CrabbyGuy005

Junior Poster
Aug 12, 2010
Left C:

the computer cord worked fine. only problem was it was made in asia and didn't fit our US standards for polarity coding.
the screws to lock down the wires were tricky at first... had to make the ground wire longer even though it was in the middle and use that for the anchor before attaching the polarities.
i'm not mechanically or electronically inclined so this was new to me. my eyeglass screwdriver didn't work for this but i had a computer screwdriver kit that helped get it done.
with all the equipment available i would estimate the job took me 1.5hours... however, i didn't have all the equipment so had to spread it over a week. the trickiest part was attaching the wires inside the housing. finally, when tested, light goes on and I can hear a heavy "ka-klink" to hear the solenoid open.

Next prob: finding the proper bubble counters and check valve! any good suggestions/sources?.. jbj bubble counters seem to be discontinued?

CrabbyGuy005

Junior Poster
Aug 12, 2010
I was gonna buy it from Aquatic Magic before but they seemed to have a security problem with their website. I guess it should be safer via Ebay?

also that check valve between the BC and needle valve IS what i want. I was just wondering... will i have enough cracking pressure if i only want between 1-2 bps?

thanks!