Bürkert 6011 solenoids with Buna seals ... available very soon

northtexas55693

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2010
NW Ft Worth
Matt,

I agree based on the information provided by you and other members on here that lower temps are not necessary... as of right now.

Heat is the enemy of a lot of electronic applications. More heat = shorter life.

The reason for this post was the idea that if it is possible to lower the temperature with a switch of a DIN part number then why not?

I can only imagine that if I could lower the operating temperature from the beginning, then the solenoid will last that much longer.

Basically I am trying to maximize the potential of the system...

Aquatic hobbyists have run these for maybe 6-8 years at the most, which is a relatively short period of time when you consider that some have said that these builds should last decades.

For what it is worth I decided to throw caution/my always budget conscious mind to the wind today and I ordered a 6011 with 2506 DIN (008 403) from freshwater systems today.

- - - Updated - - -

Matt,

I agree based on the information provided by you and other members on here that lower temps are not necessary... as of right now.

Heat is the enemy of a lot of electronic applications. More heat = shorter life.

The reason for this post was the idea that if it is possible to lower the temperature with a switch of a DIN part number then why not?

I can only imagine that if I could lower the operating temperature from the beginning, then the solenoid will last that much longer.

Aquatic hobbyists have run these for maybe 6-8 years at the most, which is a relatively short period of time when you consider that some have said that these builds should last decades.

For what it is worth I decided to throw caution/my always budget conscious mind to the wind today and I ordered a 6011 with 2506 DIN (008 403) from freshwater systems today.

Matt F.

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
May 30, 2009
California
Hi,

Don't take my comments above as being critical of you personally. I'm just bringing up the point that up until now (well until someone suggested that heat was a problem for these Burkerts in order to sell/promote clippard mouse solenoids) this topic was a non-issue. Anytime something is electrified, it becomes warm to the touch. I think in this case, it was built into the design. The main thing is to make sure you buy a model that runs on the same V/Amp current as your wall socket. Even my LED light fixture is warm to the touch even though no filament is burning. Surefire LED flashlights get hot when in use, but they are rated at hundreds of thousands of hours of life. I'm running a Burkert and have done so for many years. Everyday when electrified, it warms up. This doesn't bother me, because I'm not handling the unit while it's in operation. Nor is it hot enough to start a fire. The good thing about Burkert is it's a quality made unit, they have an exceptional warranty department, and customer service team. When in doubt, I sent a solenoid back to them for testing. They had a team of engineers that thoroughly testes the unit and concluded that the problem was user error on my part. They sent the unit back to me and explained the problem. I don't think you'll have a problem with your burkert solenoid for decades if ever. Buy a Chinese made $25 solenoid, and you will. It's as simple as that. You get what you pay for.

If my X-many year old Burkert happens to fail, I will be the first person to mention it here on TBR. bet you rear that I will send it off to Burkert to have an engineer do a post-mortem on it.

northtexas55693;122528 said:
Matt,

Last edited by a moderator: