This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Aspirational Newbie In Austin, Tx

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Spencer Bank, May 30, 2019.

1. Spencer Bank

Spencer Bank New Member

Local Time:
    11:15 PM
    Hi,

Another planted tank newbie, just joining in Austin.

I'm just getting started in with a 55G, first planted tank, which I set up at first with gravel & no plants, almost 3 months ago. I'm keeping 6 discus, 5 apistos, 16 cardinal tetras, 2 otos and a bristlenose pleco. As I've researched, I added a number of easier plants; the usual suspects: anubias, 2 swords and java fern. Then I got more ambitious, replaced the gravel with better substrate, studied up on CO2 and added a CO2arts Elite system. Next I'll be upgrading my cheap Amazon LED to something more suitable to grow carpeting plants, red plants, etc.
    While I don't know as much as most everyone here, I am a quick study and hoping to learn a lot from this amazing community. Trying my best to pick up good habits! Lots of water changes, water testing and research.
    Cheers to all,
    Spencer

Tim Harrison likes this.
  2. Tim Harrison

Tim Harrison Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    5:15 AM
    Welcome Spencer, maybe you could post some pics of your tank :)

Tags: