This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are there any knockoff ADA filters?

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by danski, Aug 5, 2007.

1. danski

danski Junior Poster

just wonderin if any one has made a fairly cheap immitation yet. i have seen knock-off models of other manufacturers but i cant remember where. any one know of the place im lookin for? i might be lookin to pick up an immitation model to save some cash and read they perform pretty well.
    dan

2. riverrat

riverrat Prolific Poster

Just my opinion but who sees the filter anyway. Plenty of proven cannister filters out there. Eheim, RenaFilstar, Marineland I think has a new one that has a stainless steel look to it I think. Isn't that the ada look?

3. danski

danski Junior Poster

the ADA filters are very expensive and ive seen some clones of other filters that are said to work just as well af the original but cant remember where. i hope that someone comes out with a comparable ADA at an affordable price. i will look into the stainless you mentioned..thanks

4. blackBRUSHalgae

blackBRUSHalgae Junior Poster

I suspect Eheim is ADA's OEM canister filter manufacturer. Mechanical wise, it is basically the same. And I saw the recent ADA canister filters were fitted with eheim pump instead of the cylindrical metal casing pump we see in the older ADA catalogue. Well I could be totally wrong about being the OEM part. The truth is, ADA is a "knock-off" of Eheim classic range, but at a premium price.

5. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

They look pretty.
    Few use them in the USA though.

I like the Via Aqua, Ehiems, Rena's are okay.

Regards,
    Tom Barr