This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Aquatic Life Halos

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by kevinmichael77, Mar 26, 2016.

1. bsantucci

bsantucci Member

Local Time:
    2:41 AM
    Both units come with both lenses.

2. s3rca

s3rca New Member

Local Time:
    That's great news. Thank you. I must have misread that the basic unit only came with an 80 degree lense.

3. kevinmichael77

kevinmichael77 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    How's your tank looking with this light?

4. kevinmichael77

kevinmichael77 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    How's the light working with your red plants?

QUOTE=Trnt;n235980]As of two days ago I have one, I think my Alternanthera reineckii likes it, but I have never seen that plant grow as any color other than red. I will say that since I have it over a 60P I have the intensity turned down and as a result of this there is some coil whine. I wouldn't say it's overly annoying though and you will probably have the intensity high enough that it is a non-issue. The cooling fan is more noticeable than the whine. Two days is still too soon to tell, and I will be keeping a close eye on my tank to see how it goes. It produces a shimmer effect if you care about that sort of thing.

5. tsmith2627

tsmith2627 Subscriber

Local Time:
    Looking to purchase two of these next week, how are the red plant doing under these lights? Any updates?

6. Adam Edmond

Adam Edmond Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Powerful Halo Saltwater & Reef Dimmable LED Aquarium Lights for Marine, Reef, Coral & Fish. ... The Aquatic Life HALO LED fixtures create amazing shimmer for your aquatic environment, and the desired color and light intensity are easily adjusted with the simple turn of a dial.