This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Aquasoil Kh Buffers

Discussion in 'Sediment / Substrate' started by dmallia, Mar 28, 2019.

1. dmallia

dmallia New Member

Local Time:
    6:07 PM
    I am planning to build my first planted tank with aquasoil (most probably with tropica, since thats the one I found in my near fish shops). Currently all my planted tanks are with inert gravel & root tabs, and I add Saltyshrimp GH/KH+ to my RO water. Should I buy only the GH additive to keep the soil buffers and when the aquasoil buffering stops I switch to the GH/KH keeping in mind to add kh slowly because of the livestock, or should I start with the GH/KH and have control of the parameters from the beginning, since I will exhause the buffers quickly. This tank will be in my living room and don't wish to change soils every couple of years, and I seen tanks on internet one is tom bars that has been running for over 8 years with the same soil.