This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Aquarium Plants To Reduce Nitrates

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by WilliamBowman, May 28, 2020.

1. WilliamBowman

WilliamBowman New Member

Local Time:
    4:20 AM
    I have an aquariums 30galon. I wondering which aquatic plants to reduce nitrate. Any suggestions for me? Thank all

2. Daniel Allen

Daniel Allen New Member

Local Time:
    3:20 PM
    All plants absorb nitrate in some capacity. Plant uptake of nutrients corresponds with growth speed. Using high light and CO2 will speed up plant metabolism to uptake nutrients faster. In general, fast growing plants will absorb the most nutrients, so things like hornwort, amazon swords, and even java moss, will do the trick. Still, you need to provide all plants with the correct environment to thrive if you want to get the best results, growth, and nutrient removing capacities, so research your plants before purchasing and know what to expect.

3. Kristy Jackson

Kristy Jackson New Member

Local Time:
    5:20 AM
    Try the Marimo Moss Balls. They are very popular when it comes to plants that absorb most nitrates. Also, you can try duckweed, water sprite, anacharis elodea, frogbit, or water lettuce. As long as the plant grows fairly quickly and feeds on the nutrients water a great deal, it will make for a perfect nitrate-reducing plant.

4. Jellopuddinpop

Jellopuddinpop New Member

Local Time:
    4:20 PM
    I agree with floating plants. Add some Frogbit, Dwarf Water Lettuce, or Duckweed for Nitrate removal.