AQUARIUM LIGHTING PROBLEM - please help

gjpina

Junior Poster
Jun 13, 2015
I am having hard time growing my dwarf babytears it look like my lights is not reaching all the way to the bottom cause they are not growing but they are not dying ether is like they are frozen,

This is what I have:

55G aquarium - 48" Long and 20" top to bottom

4 = T5 6500k Coralife ( I though putting 4 T5 can reach all the way to the bottom)

C02 everyday till lights on

Iron

for substrates I have fluval stratum

and also good circulation fan

According to my lighting research I think my problem beggings with my coralife T5 the spectrum and the PAR are not strong enough to reach all the way to the substrate

Can anybody tell me a cheap way to get a better lighting, thanks!!!

Pikez

Rotala Killer!
May 12, 2013
Close (but not too close) to LA
You have four X 48-inch T5s on your 50gal?!!! For your sake, I hope it is 4 X 24" T5. Either way, not enough light is not your problem.

This is an easy plant to grow. I suspect you're out of CO2 and/or ferts. Reduce light intensity, increase CO2 and add EI ferts.

gjpina

Junior Poster
Jun 13, 2015
I am just confused with this whole thing about lighting that's why I decided to feel up all my T5 to X4 6500 just to tested if that will improve to grow anything at the bottom for example I also have a helferi I planted in the substrate just to see how it will react in two weeks and I had to move it in top of a driftwood I have before it melts and them after a week started growing again

and my dwarf baby tears they are just dying slowly

this is my dwarf baby tears after two days they are very happy

and this is my dwarf baby tears in 4 weeks

View attachment 9296

View attachment 9297

View attachment 9298

IMG_0527-03.jpg

IMG_0527-03.jpg

0002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gjpina

Junior Poster
Jun 13, 2015
and this is my Helferi after i move it to the driftwood looking better i even put some dwarf baby tears in top of it too

and i dont think my problem is Co2 I inject it 9 hours when lights are on and it shutsdown when lights are off

although maybe i have to increase the amount of C02 and change my ferst for EI or different type.

View attachment 9299

0003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: