aquaria central

nursie

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2006
Peoria, IL USA
Anyone know what is going on with the site? I kinda expected to see it back up after the first of the month. :confused:

PeterGwee

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2005
Re: aquaria central

Not sure either...went there and got the "suspended" word.

Regards
Peter Gwee

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States

Does anyone know Michael ... if so, please ask him if I can be of any help getting it back online ...

Thanks,
Greg

nursie

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2006
Peoria, IL USA

There was no indication of problems on the site. In the past near the end of the month certain features had been disabled because of bandwidth useage issues.
I've seen several regulars over here..was hoping someone might know something. If it's $$, which I would suspect it is, they ought to let people know. Or maybe someone majorly hacked the site, I have no clue.

reiverix

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Jan 29, 2005

Nursie, I was trading plants with daveedka at the weekend and he mentioned that he had emailed oriongirl asking what was up. She was also in the dark and she is a moderator there.

The 'suspended' word doesn't have a good sound to it.

nursie

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2006
Peoria, IL USA

I never would have made it through ICH without Dave..all my loaches made it through great. I got so much great advice from that site. I got the great plant advice from Tom..that's why I came here, but I'm not finding anything with the fish advice out there like AC had.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005

Ask, I keep fish also:)
you may need to get my attention, but havign bred all sorts of critters, and havign kept them for over 30 years, I know a few things. I am weak in some marine fish, but I never get diseases or other issues(good environmental conditions+ good food) and make suere I do not blindly add uncompatible fish together prior to adding them.

Regards,
Tom Barr

PeterGwee

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2005

Tom Barr said:
Ask, I keep fish also:)
you may need to get my attention, but havign bred all sorts of critters, and havign kept them for over 30 years, I know a few things. I am weak in some marine fish, but I never get diseases or other issues(good environmental conditions+ good food) and make suere I do not blindly add uncompatible fish together prior to adding them.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Mmmmm..Tom, what kind of food do you feed your fish with? Home made or off the shelf stuff?

Regards
Peter Gwee

nursie

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2006
Peoria, IL USA

Good question...I've been feeding Aquarian tropical fish flakes and dried brine shrimp and dried blood worms, peas and zuchini, and 3 different kinds of botom feeder wafers/pellets. Always looking for ways to improve.

I didn't know you could make fishfood at home...do tell.

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States

nursie said:
I didn't know you could make fishfood at home...do tell.
There are lots and lots of homemade fish foods (not counting live home raised foods) ...

My two favorites I make myself at home are Veggie food and Beef Heart which you can see step by step how I do it here:

Veggie Food and

Beef Heart

My wife feeds both to her Cichlids and I feed both in my 180 gallon Rainbow tanks ...

I have several species maintenance tanks with livebearers in them, and they seem to think both are ok once they start to thaw ...

Greg

nursie

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2006
Peoria, IL USA

Greg..thanks for the recipes...just LAST WEEK we got a quarter of beef and I turned down the heart...if only I'd have known! I may call back and see if I can still get it.

Thanks Brad..Reiverix pm'd me. I think he knew the DT's were bad... :D